Need help, how to clean a window with a permanent shelf in front of it

I have a window that has a shelf right up against the frame and it’s only accessible from the top 20% of the window and I’m not sure how to clean it. I can’t reach from the sides and it goes down pretty far. If the answer is don’t do it how do I tell the manager?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Here is a pic of it.

You don’t clean it, or you clean what you can reach and let the customer know you can clean it… But they have to move the shelf and everything on it or you charge them more $ for you moving everything.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts
Home
Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Exactly. That’s ridiculous. I try to avoid doing interior store fronts if possible for that reason. Charge more or tell them that anything close to the window most be moved before you can clean.

It’s not accessible. Easy.

If you clean half, it’ll look bad on the outside

Sent from my Panasonic VCR. Please set the clock before responding.

Like^

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts
Home

You tell the manager. I have no problem cleaning those windows Just let me know when you can move all that stuff here is my card call me so we can schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

You could clean it from the side with a pole but you will need more of an angel or ask them if you could use their pallet jack to move the shelves from the wall/pane. Either the price goes up, or you break the window

Zacch Boyes
Z’s Window Cleaning
Office: (877) 978-0227
Email: zacch@zswindowcleaning.com

Side pole: how would you get the other 6’ of glass? Looks like it goes all the way down.

The shelf is right up against the frame so there is no reaching it from the side, I would have to come in from the top and I don’t even know how I would begin to squeegee

Oh! You could clean it from the outside: Get a couple of suction cups, pull the sills then pull the glass, clean it, and reinstall. Easy peasy!

Or skip it. Either way works.

I could…or I could skip it which has 100% of my vote right now.

Just be honest with the manager and tell him the window can not be cleaned easily. Tell him you would be happy to clean it if they move everything away from the window. I don’t think they would want to move it. I have a hair salon that I only clean the outside of the windows for the same reason. They have shelving that weighs hundreds of pounds with tons of hair care/beauty products on them. They have no desire to try to move them.