Need some help quoting this

Typically I do storefront at around a dollar a pane. This commercial job is a different animal.

It’s 65 panes total, and the vestibule/solarium thing has a grass slope down to theparking lot I’m standing on to take the pic. Guy drives a Ferrari on the weekend (I know him well) so image is everything and cost isn’t really an issue. Do I rent a lift? Hire a manpower guy to hold my rented ladder? I’m at about $6.50 a pane without additional costs for access. Seem about right?

Following.

@Skipper ? Anyone?

I would charge $200 by WFP. Double if you’re hand cleaning from ladder.

Wfp only would be iffy. Needs nose to glass and probably a putty knife for the amount of dirty on the angled stuff. Btw wfp is out. I don’t own one.

1 Like

Yeah, sort of need a perspective there. Is that roof right above the entry door? If so then you’re at 1.5 stories which would be easy to pole. Is that wall of glass at 2 stories? How steep is the grassy knoll? Is that glass like an atrium on the inside where you’ll have to ladder up to those or is there an office there where you’d just walk up to it?

Assuming that the vestibule is above entry doors and at 1.5 stories AND wfp is out (it will clean these no problem and in about 25% of the time) then I’d pole the windows and if you can’t close out very good, get a ladder with a standoff. Or do both: pole the top of the window then ladder up to close out. I do that if the window prohibits a good close.

Extension ladders have feet that pivot out to dig into dirt so depending on the slope it probably wouldn’t be a big deal.

But I never pole off a ladder - just way to easy to get hurt that way and OSHA will smack you pretty hard for that as far as I know.

As for the wall, assuming it’s 2 stories, I’d probably pole the windows - but me and my pole are friends and could knock it out. Maybe a use ledger or maybe not depending on angle. If you’re not best buds with your pole, then either an extension ladder with a stand off and set on the sills or if there’s not a stack of wood for you to build a scaffold use a sectional ladder.

Oh, I guess you’re looking for a price… 65 - 2nd story windows, all ladder, yeah $5-6 per pane. So figure 300-350 and maybe 4 hours or so. Not too bad. WFP figure 2 hours. :wink:

1 Like

@Trenchfeet Like others have said it hard to tell from the pics what angle your working with. From here like Jared said if your good friends with your pole i would pole them looks like a pretty forward job.

Price wise i would be around $325 should be some easy money if your going to ladder up tack on another 50-75 and the cost of the rental for the ladder just work it into the price.

Good luck bud!

1 Like

Ok so I was in the ball park. The Windows above the door are backflip on a pole material all day. I was more concerned with the grassy knoll lol. The bottom window is just about six foot off the parking lot and then comes out like ten feet to the lot. All I’ve got for a ladder is a damn fold up Louisville. 17 footer i think. I’ll back my truck right up part of that and set my ladder against the tire if I’ve got to. I’ve got buddy with a 20 foot extension that has the toothed feet. Probably bring that too. There are about twenty of these window setups in this whole office park, I’ll try and score some more make a day of it maybe. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Update: This guy called me last night and I got him scheduled and finished today. $325 in and out. Took about 5 and a half hours. Turned out awesome, they were pretty happy.

4 Likes

Looks good and clean.

There was about twenty ite ago other straight forward panes in my original post that got done as well. 60ish an hour is my best so far I think.

1 Like

Good job Will!

1 Like