Need your help to price this job

Talked to this store the other day. Had a couple of window cleaners do it and never show up again. Has about 150 pains. Outside only. Top windows have to be polled or might need to get up on the ladder.

A hundred bucks, maybe? Depends on how far it is from you too. Beware of underpricing the job only to discover you’re screwed. That’s frequently the case when the previous window cleaners don’t return.

just the outs once a month…100-125 maybe. pole work on top .
what do you want to make an hour.

Forgot.They want it done every 2 to 3 months.

ohhh…shoot for once a month, if not then every 2 months at 125. could take an hour…at least 100 though.b

Don’t forget im still new at this. Probably will take me a couple hours.

first time at a new place always takes me longer, have to learn and get the rhythm down for each spot:)

Got a tire kingdom and charged them $60, and it took me an hour+…but the second time I got it at about 45mins…every place has it’s thing.

Probably I’m not in the business mindset yet, but the way I see it is they’re paying you to learn, to practice. If you don’t have nothing else to do with your time, try and see if you can get it, you’ll learn and start feel confident about yourself.
I don’t mean " go ahead and do it for $40", but if you have to go down a little to get them, I’ll do it. Veterans or guys with more years under their belts will tell you to don’t cut your prices, but you’ve to start somewhere, if you’re not screwing somebody, lowballing, or working for free I think is fair, at least for you.

Don’t mean to offend anybody because I’m pretty much talking out of ignorance, but how can you make a living with those storefront prices ? I know volume is the answer, but the only way to get going is negociating.

My humble opinion, worthless, but mine :slight_smile:

Don’t mean to offend anybody because I’m pretty much talking out of ignorance, but how can you make a living with those storefront prices ? I know volume is the answer, but the only way to get going is negociating.

My humble opinion, worthless, but mine :slight_smile:

Punta: The prices that have been discussed so far are not bad. $100 for 1 hour work. $100/hour, that seems like good money for me. Don’t you think that’s a good price? How much do you make cleaning a house per hour?

Top Notch: I would charge at least $120 for that job. Don’t worry if it takes you a long time at first, every job always takes longer the first time. Don’t use ladders if at all possible, from the images I saw, I think you could knock it all of with polling.

I concur

Window count is around 150.
From the pics it looks like 12 small panes on top with 6 larger panes on bottom in each section.

Works out to about 100 small panes and 50 larger panes.

[U]As a beginner[/U] you could try .50 for the smaller panes and 1.00 for the larger panes.

This works out to $100 + add to that poling and and perhaps count the doors both sides so $120+ is a very good start.

You said they want it every 2-3 months. Even at every 2 months that would be $720 a year (based on $120 per visit). Try to get them to every month at $100 per visit. Works out to $1200 a year.

Definitely pole this. Using a ladder on this job would waste too much time. Poling this job would be a breeze. After doing it a couple of times you could probably do it with your eyes closed.

Yea i only have a 18 and a 26" channels. Hope the 18 will work.

Our price would simply be based on frequency and would look something like this:

Twice a Month: $80 per cleaning
Once a Month: $90 per cleaning
[B]Every other Month: $100 per cleaning[/B]
Quarterly: $120 per cleaning

I’ve never been a fan of providing quotes through pictures and normally never do so for actual customers. I’d rather hand them a quote in person. I have a much better chance of having them sign my agreement when I’m right there face to face and I’d rather see a job we are going to do in person to get a much better feel for it.

I think he provided the picture for our benefit. I’m pretty sure he checked it out himself to count up the windows.

Mike,

I realize that I was just stating my opinion on how I prefer to price jobs.

Yeah, I always check out a job myself. But that’s the same thing he did too. I don’t think anyone on here prices commercial jobs based on pictures only, but he provided the pictures, and the pane count, so that we could give him a rough estimate on what he could charge.

Based on the pics provided and assuming there’s no problem glass issues, this is what I call a sweet commercial job. Lots of very easy panes. It’s one of those jobs where the first time takes you X amount of time to get the most crap off followed by much quicker times for maintenance cleanings. I wished more of my commercial jobs looked like this.

Well i got the job at $100 for outside only every 3 months. Will let you guys know how it goes.

Good for you Justin!

Awesome!
once you do it the first time, the other times you’ll zig through it.