New CCU..$5 a window..WTF?

you are so sure. :slight_smile: I just love to hear people blaming others for everything crummy thing that happens.

there is nothing crummy about working

Group hug everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working isnā€™t the point. Making MONEY is the point.

you canā€™t make money without working. Iā€™m beginning to think of you as an internet troll.

Mike mole the Internet troll, what did Kevin say about rhymingā€¦ Love it

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously though, mike is an awesome dude with loads valuable information, especially if your new in business. Someone who you could gain from a relationship with.This is a place to make friends and gain knowledge, not bicker like old ladyā€™s.

Sounds good.

Dave, youā€™re too nice. What do you want?! lol

You donā€™t bid extra for CCU?

Haha we clean windows for free and give the customers their own equipment and a ten minute training on how to clean windows once they get laid off

1.2 million sounds goodā€¦

I think Alex brought 1.2 million strands of beads to NOLA last year.

Donā€™t be so surprised to find out that someone is working for very little.
It happens a lot. Your choice is either to match it or look for a better situation.

My friend, if I had it, I would be happy to share.

Well I will continue to work as hard as I can and try to sell my high value window cleaning but until I get to the point of turning down work I will have to price low enough to get the work in the first place. For those who have enough work to turn down underbid jobs, that is where Iā€™d like to be someday. In the meantime Iā€™ll just work twice as hard.

Youā€™re insulting. You also seem set in your ways. Thatā€™s your deal though.

Work as hard as you want. I know 100 other guys who are smarter and will work just as hard, and make twice as much as you.

The problem with that strategy is that once you head down that road it can be very hard to change course. I totally understand where you are coming from, though. Transitioning from technician to entrepreneur can be a scary thing. You have to be careful too, because if someone chooses you solely based on price, they are going to drop you once someone comes along and underbids you. And, you will never be able to raise prices on those customers. My advise would be to learn as much as possible from this forum about adding value to your service, and try to charge a good, sustainable rate. When I started last April, I charged right up there with the most expensive companies in town. Iā€™m not going to say I didnā€™t lose some bids on price, but I probably made the same amount or more, with less labor and I had more time to work on my business, not just in my business. Cool thing is, if you present a professional image, most people will have no idea that you are new. Window cleaning companies arenā€™t household names, most people have never heard of the window cleaning companies in their town until they start looking. Good luck, Iā€™m pulling for you. Feel free to message me if you ever need any advise.

There are other choices, such as actually selling ones higher-priced, higher-value service in THAT situation. Itā€™s not all about price more often than you care to realize.