New Client Requested That I Charge 600 More

Thanks wcs,I do apoligice the uncivilized behavior I conducted myself jn…

1 Like

It is assumed by your post that you, as a newbie, are looking for advice or perspective from those who have been there before you.

Since you are not capable of receiving that in a dignified manner, go ---- yourself.

Respectfully. :wink:

Next.

4 Likes

I’m going to be brutally honest, you kinda lost me in your original post when you had already WAY under budded the job which effects, yes you could have highly diluted a 12 oz soda with 8 gallons of water…

Thankfully that person saved you by offering you 800. For 3 story I would have accepted $800. For what I see there it would have been 1000-1500 because of the ccu…

I’m proud of you for jumping on the bus and buy all the needed insurance and are asking for answers to important questions… (never ask price opinion, every single town city state country has its own prices!!)

Learn from your mistakes, but I don’t need to jump off a bridge to learn it’ll hurt or kill me… I learned hat someone else already did that… and it hurt or killed them…

You started gaining foot with me with your post from yesterday, about how you accept criticism with open arms, and I saw(read) it…

Hoosier can some time be a little over whelming but I actually agree with almost every single thing he said, along with a few others…

I learned a lot of this starting 7 years ago working for an idiot that gave me a chance, few months i was running his office because I knew what I was doing… 3 years later I took his offer for winter lay off, and opened my business 6 months later when I realized I could open my own and do it right and legally…

I have and I am still making mistakes but I learned a lot about the cleaning process and many other aspects of WC skills themselves working for that company…

Every one EVERY ONE!!! At these forums has valuable information and experience that has helped me in so many ways, ways to do things and ways not to do things.
I will make more mistakes in the future and I can’t wait to learn from them. But I also drool for the moments you guys make mistakes so I can learn before I do it…

Then you completely lost me with your final post with your over dramatized outburst, I understand you apologized but wow, way to lose respect…

Don’t worry you can always earn it back won’t take long…

Please be safe, use the right tools and chemicals.
Scratch waiver or not I take before and after pictures of everything I have serviced, or I service…
If I have anyone clean my windows and I sign a scratch waiver and some how there’s chemicals burns on my windows, or the entire pane on every pane doesn’t just have omg we’re those scratches there before? Hehe okay darn… to HOLY … I DONT SEE ANY GLASS IT littlerly LOOKS LIKE YOU TOOK A ROCK OR GRINDER TO MY GLASS… I’m sueing you…with before and after pictures…

Alright my rant is done, welcome to the forums… be safe have fun and please the most important, LEARN SOMETHING!! LOVE YOU ALL!!

3 Likes

Hey, I’m brand new. What is CCC in regard to insurance?

Care, custody, and control. Use the search and you’ll find so much information it’ll put you off ever picking up a razor.

Basically the way normal insurance works is if you scratch a window, you are NOT covered. If you throw a ladder through a window, you ARE covered.

With CCC you’ll be covered either way.

Here’s the scenarios

2 Likes

@jdamon The post above, basically covers it.
Great simple way to put it @JaredAI.

Either way - better that we learn to clean glass without scratching it. It’s like carrying premium, high cost auto insurance in case I decide to drink and drive, imo.

1 Like

Eh, in New Mexico you can have 8 DUIs cuz we suck at punishing idiots.

But if you’re from the Rez, you probably don’t have insurance which makes my uninsured motorist go through the roof. My uninsured motorist is probably the same cost as full coverage anywhere else.

Maybe I missed it, but other than ‘be safe and where good work boots’ (which are usually standard PPE on commercial construction sites), I didn’t notice anyone mention anything about fall protection.

You may view each window as ground floor access, but as soon as you create an opening over 6’ (I think?) above a safe surface (which prevents you from falling any further) that someone can fall through while working, and especially if you are leaning out of such an opening…the fall risk and injury potential is real. Additionally, dropped equipment is also a real risk for those working/passing by below. Spotters/safety zones/proper equipment and PPE are all necessary considerations and costs.

These are things we factor into our pricing, and more importantly, our job hazard analysis on every job. I don’t want my family getting a call from the emergency responder’s that I died over taking a shortcut to clean a stupid window, nor could I forgive myself if I had to make that call to one of my guys family members. That’s not a way to learn from your mistakes!!

Sounds like you’ve been through a lot and dodged a lot of scary stuff. But this isn’t about being tough, it’s about being smart, safe, respecting your life and others, AND making a decent wage.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity, just do it right!

You are able to pull sliders from the inside if the opening is 42" or higher without fall protection.

Even this doesnt allow you to hang out the window.

Unless both sides remove it wouldnt be the safest means to do a construction clean reaching out.

1 Like

Exactly. If reaching/leaning out, being tied off to something like a door jamb anchor would be one way to go. But again, that’s more equipment, $$, and set up/tear down time at each room. Plus lanyards for your tools. And most don’t do it.

Always seems like overkill…until somebody gets killed!

1 Like

True, it does happen

It’s true. @anon82274079 can be a dink but we love him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, what are you using on tempered glass to remove stickers. I am using isopropanol alcohol and it seems to work good. I for one like to know what the world looks like with no unicorn farts but from experience widow cleaners. Thanks I’m advance. Cheers

I haven’t read the comments but look at getting a BOP (business owner policy) or something along those lines because it’ll have the very little bit of CCC that is offered. Mine covers like $5,000 of CCC which is completely unrealistic. If there was a claim it’d easily be 10x or 20x tthe currently covered amount.

Alcohol will work, my dad would use it to cut silicone when he installed granite countertops. It cuts adhesive, you could also try good off or goo gone.

So curious how did the job go??

Heard a lot of bragging interested too know rhe end results and what was learned from it.