New Scrubpad Holder for Pole Work

Thanks for the great feedback guys.

1 Like

Don’t worry Steve they will… :grin:

1 Like

Thank you!!! You just gave me the final piece of the puzzle. I have been trying for years to come up with a good way to put a scrub pad on a pole. The doodle bugs suck because they don’t get in the corners good at all.

When I was in the local window cleaning supply store I had the idea when I saw the steel wool sleeve. It socks on a tbar because it isn’t flat so it doesn’t get right in the corners and edges,but it occurred to me if you put it on a squeegee it would work perfect! Sure enough it did! Only issue was they are expensive and the wool rusts so it’s only good for maybe 2 days. They make a bronze wool one bit I haven’t tried it. Anyways I was trying to come up with a way to make a similar sleeve out of a synthetic abrasive pad. They sell ones made from the white pads but the white pads aren’t abrasive enough for they Texas dirt on the glass.

When I saw your post it gave me the final piece of the puzzle. I grabbed my pad, Leatherman and sewing kit and took 1p minutes to put this together.

1 Like

Here’s what it looks like before I sewed the ends together

1 Like

1 Like

Adding the squeegee channel and rubber gives you a wider scrub pad to cover a larger surface area and the rubber give you a flexible cushion but jot too much. It’s about perfect as it almost perfectly mimics the padded pressure of your finger tips. I’ll be putting this to work on a house tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it goes.

You could use and even bigger squeegee like a 10" if you have a bigger pad.

3 Likes

This is why I love this forum. After someone said this was a waste of thread you drop this.

3 Likes

@Luis Where you meaning me? lol

@whatapane thats a cool way to do it to!

1 Like

Thats a slick idea.

1 Like

Yeah. I see you contribute often so not sure how that was intended. Gotta love the idea it sparked though.

If you read through all the post in this thread carefully you will see “why” i said that.
I believe it post #21 :wink:

That is what this forum is all about sharing ideas and knowledge.
I love to contribute when i can Jose!

It was post 21. :grin:
I’ve changed my mind again. I’m thinking of buying a new Unger zero degree handle with the original backplate, so I can use it with my scrub pad and channels. I’ll probably cut my pads smaller so they fit the handle better moving forward.

I carry just the handle on my belt. Now it’ll have a dual purpose.

PS
Who knows maybe leave a scrubby in the handle all the time and swap it out for a channel when I need to.

1 Like

@BostonMike Glad I could spark an idea! Didn’t even think about using it for pole work so thank you!

Ya I ordered a new squeegee handle. Thanks

2 Likes

Steve is one of the kindest, most helpful members of this forum. You can always rest assured that his comments are not malicious.

2 Likes