New to commercial

I’m just another new dummy here trying to figure out pricing system too. Thanks for putting up with me Pros. I value your input greatly, even if I come off stupid. :thinking:

Don’t be so concerned about the time factor yet. Do a good job and the speed will fix itself as experience unfolds.

2 Likes

52 outside at 3.50 is $182.
52 inside at 3.50 is 182.

Thats just me from pic and count

If its been a long time since last clean they likely will wait a long period again.

2 Likes

It’s actually 124 panes. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

See now I’m confused. I thought it was 62 panes - some ladder work, put it on a route and I’m at 250-300. Where did 52 come in?

Now it’s 124? How did it double? Where am I? I’m totally lost. It’s like being in college again.

math%20class

When I counted all the “windows” there are a total of 62. According to the per pane estimate outside is 62 panes and inside is 62 for a total of 124 panes. Sorry I’m just not used to the per pane method.

28 in the set with doors
12 in set left of door
12 in set right of door

Equals 52 is what pics looked like?

I counted them before taking the pictures. There are 38 in the center picture including the two doors.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Pay attention, math class isn’t over yet. Okay, just say 300. He probably won’t spend the money anyway. He’ll send to starving mattress salesman out with a bottle, a rag, and a ladder.

@chavezja03 - go say 300 and let us know what happened. You make some money if he bites. If not, move on. He’ll probably say he has to get approval anyway. Go see. It’s been a blast and down right educational trying to figure all this stuff out.

2 Likes

That’s the way you get maintance Cleaning jobs like this. It’s just to much for them to do in/out every month Quote them for exterior 1x a month. Tell them the insides don’t need it every month quartley would be good enough
First clean in an out 300.00 Monthly exterior maintance clesning 100.00

3 Likes

No that price is per side.

1 Like

See? See? That’s what I mean; are we talking about a window? What kind of window? Is it a single pane window, double pane window 12 or 18 pane window? ARGGHHHH, there’s too damn many different kinds of windows! Count panes, it will do you good. lol

2 Likes

Ok 62, next time posting an entire pic would be better.

3 Likes

So simple. Solves many issues. Easier to evaluate the scope of the work.

People need to learn proper terms for the items they work on, I use to deal with this same issue in the auto detailing industry all the time too.

It really not that hard to learn names of items… Lol

Side note… @Chris where is that link for terms and definitions of this industry (is it still around? ). We should set it up in the Newbie Category!

1 Like

With the full view id change my originally posted 1 hour time to 1.5 or 1.75 hours inside and same outside using traditional method with ladder/pole.

WFP used outside would reduce time by half easily.

1 Like

Its still 62 panes just 124 sides or surfaces.

2 Likes

Pane or side
Soda or pop
Stack or piece (ladder)
Applicator or mop

Over complicating the term, it varies by location

When we count panes, customers are told any piece of glass enclosed by a wood or metal frame. French cut up is not priced per pane due to obvious reasons.

All windows will have 2 panes (sides) 1 in, 1 out.

1 Like

HAHAHA…The simplest of things are often so complicated.

2 Likes