New to site, first thread

Hi everyone, my name is craig, I’m from sunny but cold Scotland and hoping to start my window cleaning business within the next month or so. I am currently searching through ebay for a van already kitted out with a water fed pole set up, does anyone advise a particular system? I also want to start commercial vehicle wash on site as there are quite a few large haulage and distribution companies near me, was wondering if anyone else offers this service and has some advice to offer.

looking forward to any replies

Craig.

welcome lad

Hi Craig - have you tried Peter Fogwill at Aquatech in Scotland?
He may also have info on people trying to sell vans with wfp fitted besides having his own systems. I still use his original trolley.

Welcome Mate! How’s life in the highlands laddie?

Damn! My high school only offered French, Spanish, and German…

Welcome Craig! Your idea of mixing those services is simply brilliant. Keep us posted.
Now, pardon me while i hijack your thread:

I like to think myself the resident comic. Having done comedy, for a living, professionally, and, having been exposed to other comics who write and deliver original material day-in and day-out, THAT is the #1 funniest, wittiest post I have ever read on any forum…period.

THAT is the kind of line that lands a comic a reputation and what we call a ‘tag’ for ever. “You might be a red neck if…” or “here’s your sign…” are examples of such brilliant thinking.

Larry, I bow in respect to you. I have been unseated.

Craig, it is mildly unfortunate that your first post here was the place where this happened. :slight_smile: But, once you get to know us, you’ll see we take every chance to NOT be serious.

Grab a beer out of Chris’ cooler, toss me the remote and, if your feet are clean, kick off your shoes and make yourself at home. You are among friends.

My blood-line is Scottish and I look forward to getting to know you.

Oh hello, welcome!

Not a chance.

BTW, nice mini-bar, Chris.

That cooler is big enough to hold the Loch Ness monster!:eek:

Hi, thanks for your reply, life isn’t too bad, looking forward to starting the window cleaning business. I live in central scotland, you are only classed as being from the highlands if you have a more personel relationship with sheep and the likes!!!

craig

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have come across Aquatech on another website
and am going to give them a call. I am finding all the different systems available pretty confusing, do you know if its straight forward to build your own system?

craig

Yes & No. Its best to start out with a pre-bought system unless you are extremely handy & resourceful. Check out http://diywaterfedpole.co.uk/
and see what you think. I still use Peters pumpbox & carried on from there, it can also be used as a van mount or car mount. I think you posted about Concept wfp systems over on the the Aquatech forum. Think in basics. Pure water - Pump - Pole - Window. Then you realise it doesn’t have to be that hard.

By all means give Peter a call (if you can get hold of him). He’s an up front guy & won’t sell you anything you won’t need. You will probably only need DI up where you are as your water is quite soft.