New

Hi,
My name is Mike and i am looking to learn more about window cleaning and how to sell it. I’m sure i will have many questions.
Thanks, Mike

Welcome Mike,

Fire away! There are over 1,200 professionals here to help.

Welcome Mike! There is a wealth of knowledge that comes here and offers valuable advice on window cleaning. Whether it be the craft or the business.

Welcome aboard Mike!

Hey Mike.

I like your “how to sell it” comment. Smart.

Mike, if you want to know how to sell Window cleaning, you need to read Kevin’s book and heed any advise he is willing to give you. The man is a marketing genius!!! He’s also a really great guy!

Hi Mike
Welcome

I’ve been doing this for 8 or so months so I’m no expert but I can share some things that I wish I had done differently at the Beginning.

1. Had good business cards right off the bat. (I can show you mine and tell you where to get some like it if you want, and send you some deals to save you some $$)

2. Got embroidered golf shirts with my business name / logo. (I got a few for only 13$ each and they look nice and are comfortable to wear)

3. Bought good quality rubber (Ettore) instead of the generic brands that a few online stores sell as ‘Their Own’ budget brand. This makes a HUGE difference in speed and quality (of work) I have found. !! Don’t Buy Cheap Rubber !!

4. Learned a little more about the local market of WC pricing. My area is around 20% to 33% lower than the averages that I have inferred for reading on WC forums.:frowning: But the cost of living is a bit lower also than most places.

5. Not quoted half price for the inside windows. Somehow I got the idea that this was normal or good to do by reading a few posts in a forum. Inside and out quotes should (with rare exception) be less than double than a quote for just the outside because you include the inside of all usable glass doors in you outside quote.

6. Learned to fan earlier. (use good rubber and watch videos online)

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Welcome Mike![/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Read [B][FONT=Verdana]Straight Talk About Window Cleaning Bidding[/FONT][/B] by John Baxter.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Pricing is definitely a part of sales.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Most cleaning supply houses have this book for sale. About $15[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Taking the Pane Out of Window Cleaning by John Baxter is also good.[/FONT][/COLOR]
This is a how to clean the window book.

Taking the Pane out of Window Cleaning is now titled How to Clean Windows Like the Pros

Da, that’s right. Thanks

Welcome senior Mike!

You lost me here, can you explain it better or re-phrase it or excuse me for being specially slow tonite? :slight_smile:

Is this the same Mike that I’m thinking of? From San Diego? Either way, Welcome!

Hi Mike.

Nice to have you here. I’m sure you’ll find many of the answers you are looking for.

thanks guys!

Quoting the inside as half of the outside quote was a mistake that I did when I started WCing. I got that idea from a forum post I read somewhere (not here) I was also saying that one might assume an In&Out quote would be exactly double the the outside only quote But since you would include the insides of the doors with an outside quote, it would be more than half of the full In&Out job.

Hope this makes sense
I should of probably just omitted it entirely. It does seem a bit superfluous… Unless you get the idea to charge half for the inside like I did.

Are you referring to storefront pricing (outside plus inside of doors?)

And residential if the doors apply.

I rarely clean outside only on residential, but my outside-only quote is outside only.