Newcomer here - comm. bid

First of all - this is my first post.

I’ve been cleaning windows for quite some time as I worked for my Dad growing up (painting contractor) and have a bit of experience scraping paint and cleaning windows.

But I just recently incorporated my LLC and am starting to pick up res. and comm. jobs. I truly enjoy the trade and am eager to learn more and become a real pro.

By chance, I happened upon 6 fast food joints in need of window cleaning. Just bid $840 for all 6 (all within 15mi of each other) to do them 2x month inside and out. As luck would have it, I got the job.

Now, my questions are 1) can someone help me confirm that this price is sufficient? Total of 258 panes between all six locations, all ground level. and 2) is this new account worth investing and learning the WFP system? Is it worth my time to set up and do the outside or should I just go squeegee the whole place?

Many thanks ahead of time to anyone that answers. Can’t say enough good things about all the wisdom being spread on this site.

Sam

I do a chain in Arizona, about 1000 pane sides for about ab thousand bucks once a month. Your price seems ok to me.

1 Like

Welcome Sam

Just do them traditionally. It will be quicker. Your price sounds okay as long as it covers all your cost and is profitable for your business.
Do the WHOLE place while your there.

Be safe out there!

1 Like

I am in Colorado. A snowy winter ahead of us no doubt.

Thank you for the feedback.

1 Like

Hello Sam and welcome! Congratulations on getting that account, it should give you some good visibility.

Welcome aboard. We live/work in the Denver metro area. Where about in Colorado are you from?

1 Like

Close. I was going to use streakfree as my username but it was already taken.

2 Likes

Thanks! They are all in pretty good residential/commercial areas so I hope to get people asking!

1 Like

Thanks. I’m up in Fort Collins area.

Thx Trench

I’ve always found the “Per Pane” pricing system hard to give an opinion on - - some panes are a whole lot easier than others!

How many hours do you expect it to take to clean all 258 panes? If that gives you a good hourly rate then you should be happy with your price.

WFP is a brilliant tool - but at ground level a wagtail would be faster, a lot cheaper, and a whole lot easier to haul around. Don’t invest in WFP until you have the work to justify it,… until then invest in marketing to get that work!

1 Like

Welcome. I would do it traditional like @wcs mentioned. It will take less time. Get yourself a wag/excelerator for pole work. Will make it easy to get around there quickly. Wfp will take time to set up and break down at each restaurant.

Welcome Sambo! I’m between yourself and Streakerfree in Boulder. There’s a nice community of window cleaners on the front range. With your painting experience, the transition to windows will be smooth. I used to be a painter in university.

Your storefront pricing is about how I price mine. If you are doing only exteriors of these storefronts, even better!

I do everything traditional unless I borrow a WFP for larger places. Storefronts are generally small enough that traditional is faster once you’re proficient. It’s also a great way to practice, as you won’t be using the WFP inside.

See ya around!

2 Likes

Right on! Thx man. I’ve seen many requests on Thumbtack come through from Boulder/Lousville area. Too far for me.

Thanks also for the insight. Hey if you ever need a hand, please let me know! Could use some guidance.