Ninja mod

i took off the smartclips on my unger ninja today and replaced them with plastic clips (u can use metal clips too)and it worked rly well. it takes off about 2 inches of length off your channel. if some of you guys are having a problem with the smartclips not holding your rubber in place or you think their too bulky you should try it and let me know what you think!

Ummm… That’s soooo six months ago :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s been said & done. I’ve done it & I don’t like the fact that it makes the channel shorter. I’ve used it both ways & came to realize that the clips are no big deal. I also have the ninja boab so it fits like it should. We need new equipment to modify.

Why would you buy a new tool and remove the prime selling point?

I wouldn’t say that the clips are the prime selling points of the Ninja. I’d list the selling points as follows:

1. Wide body channel equal sturdier channel especially at widths past 18"-36"
  2. Double slot choice for rubber placement similar to other wide body channels with the added benefit that you can use any standard rubber in it.
    3.Great ergonomic swivel handle.
    4.Clips that slide open and close so you can switch up rubber quicker and without having to remove the channel from the handle.

What seems to be causing the clips to fail? I just bought one and havent used it yet. You would think Unger would have did extinsive testing before release.

I agree w/ that list, Mark. However I would put the handle as the first point.

+1

unger jackson [INDENT]Ninja mod
i took off the smartclips on my unger ninja today and replaced them with plastic clips (u can use metal clips too)and it worked rly well. it takes off about 2 inches of length off your channel. if some of you guys are having a problem with the smartclips not holding your rubber in place or you think their too bulky you should try it and let me know what you think!

Choose to not have the clips on the ends of the channel?</SPAN>
Then get a 42 inch channel take clips off the ends.</SPAN>
That way there is 40inch of channel.</SPAN>
You can cut to what ever length that is needed.</SPAN>

[/INDENT]

The clips were comming lose in the green unger boab, so they made a new one special for the Ninja.

Because there is nothing cooler than bedazzling an awesome tool :cool:

Ok, I will concide the four selling points in any order you may like, including #3 the handle which has nothing to do with the channel or the clips. I indorse#4. I rephrase my question to read, Why would you buy a new tool and remove one of the selling points?
I recuse myself from any further verbiage nuances.

Dale

I think I should have stayed in school. I almost had to go to Wikipedia for that post lol

The Ninja “Rock’s” bottom line.

Let me just add this. I don’t think many people purchase tools with the intention of modding them or taking away a feature. If you purchase a tool and like some features but not all then you are left with 3 choices. 1. Modding them to your liking, 2. Returning the used item if the supplier allows, or 3. ‘kicking it to the curb’ as the youngs kids are calling it these days.

A great mod example is where I and many others have taken an Unger 0° squeegee and and installed an Ettore quick release for changing out channels and rubber much quicker. http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/wc-equipment-vehicle-setups/3324-pimping-your-unger-0-swivel.html

Many folks on WCR love the Unger ° and love it even more with the mod.

I use Ettore rubber in my Ninja. It fits tight in the channel and won’t come out. Yes you loose the benefit of quick rubber changes,but you loose the aggravation of the rubber falling out and keep all of the other advantages the Ninja offers as mentioned above. Wet the rubber in your bucket first and it will slide right in the channel. I personally like Ettore rubber anyway. Ninja squeegee, Ettore rubber, and Ecover in your bucket.It don’t get any better! Other than waterfed poles!!

I have never tried Ettore rubber only Unger, What makes Ettore a better rubber?

I believe Mark did a video once comparing the two rubbers. If I remember correctly, they were almost the same except that in his experience, the ends lasted longer with Ettore, and it also did a little better squeegeeing over vinyl lettering on storefronts. Having tried both, I’d have to agree.

If I were a more savvy forum user, I’d post the link…

Well i’m not saying it’s better or worse, it’s just what I like. If Unger rubber works for ya by all means don’t stop. My point was that i have had no issues with Ettore rubber falling out of the Ninja channel. When i first purchased my Ninja i LOVED the handle and the channel and the overall feel and performance of the Ninja…however the rubber fell out ALL the time. After about a month of this i went back to my Ettore squeegees. Then one day i put Ettore rubber in my Ninja and it worked like a charm. Although you DO have to put a dab of soap on the rubber to get it to go up the channel. My post was not against Unger rubber, after all as far as i’m concerned they have the BEST squeegee by far going.