Ninja vs Sorbo

Stupid question about the ninja…i bought one recently and im wondering do i cut the rubber at an angle to match the ends of the channel or do i just cut the rubber square as normal?
Also the clips do i close one end then pull tension on the rubber or just slide the rubber in and just lock the clips without pulling tension on the rubber?

1 Like

Not a stupid question.

• Cut rubber square.
  • Unlock both clips, slide rubber to desired position, no tension, lock clips.

Good pickup, btw.

6 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. What kind of rubber do you use in yours?

I’ve liked…wait for it…Ettore the best so far.

3 Likes

Thanks man.Going to start using it next week and see how it goes.

I may have to break out the Ettore’s and purchase a quicksilver and Ninja to see which one I like best.

1 Like

So if you’re giving the Sorbo away does that mean you didn’t like it? LOL :wink:

1 Like

Scratched frames. That’s main difference. They both perform the same IMO, but one has built in protection to stop the sharp edge of the metal channel scratching the frames.

The other advantage is when your in a hurry to detail a bit of glass just out of reach, and you cant be bothered using your pole, or want to get up on a short ladder, means you can (and I have for years) fliq your cloth over the end of your channel with the plastic end tips and wipe the edge of the glass, without any worry of scratching the glass or the frame.

When this method of detailing is used with Ettore Super Channels, I would occasionally scratch the glass (which was one of the main reasons I went over to Sorbo squeegees).

I would also use the same technique up the ladder to give me extra reach when detailing. Again no scratching with Sorbo’s soft-ish plastic end tips.

Though, on one exceptional occasion my wife managed to scratch some glass with the plastic end tips while detailing in just the way described above, but this was because one of the metal end clips for the rubber wasn’t pushed in properly. Otherwise no scratching, ever, in my experience (used Sorbo’s for over a decade now).

Graeme Hibbard.
SPARKLE WINDOW CLEANING
Christchurch, New Zealand

1 Like

Every sorbo I have ever purchased the clips come with it inserted the wrong way, because of this one of my colleges was dead set certain that they were meant to be in so that they were flush with the end clip however I said that is not right.
Since I got my very first one I put the clips in from the back it wasn’t until years later I saw a video of Sorbo himself explaining how the clips go in and the factory set up you get when they are delivered is WRONG. they are meant to be inserted from the underside so they are not exposed.

2 Likes

Always knew things here to learn :+1:

1 Like

Is this the video?

Here’s Sorbo’s YouTube channel:

2 Likes

Maybe, if so I remember wrong, and it was as intended however I put them on the underside that way they are not in contact with the frame, I only use the sorbos with the plastic caps at the ends.

Just saw this, not sure if you were asking me but i use unger hard.

2 Likes

I’ve used the ninja since it came out in 2011 (I believe) the clips were a pain once they aged and became loose they’d sometimes unlock while fanning.

Once i switched over to the sorbo channels in the ninja handle that “problem” was solved. I also use the wcr wide body channels in the ninja handles and love that combo as well. I only use wide body channels for straight pulls or large plates of glass that needs to be fanned. Anything over 18" i prefer a wide body channel for

2 Likes

Yes it was for you sir. Thanks for the response

Thanks for the input. I have heard others say the same thing about the end clips in the Ninja. Knowing me I would wear those out in a week.

All you guys who use ninja handle with sorbo channels, do you use 30 or 40 degrees handle? I just use the sorbo handle. But I want to have a ninja handle. Is the sorbo handle 40 degrees?

Are there two different Ninja handles with different degrees?? I just thought there was one handle? Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Yes sir, there are two.

1 Like

Wow I had no idea! I have the One with the black top and grey button. Not sure what angle that is. I will have to get the other one and try it. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes