Orvas- sodium lauryl sulfate

Hey I was wondering if anyone uses this to clean windows? I had a customer turn me onto it today they gave me some to try and when. I got home I mixed up a new bucket and cleaned half my windows with dawn (my usual) and the other half with orvas. I actually think the orvas gave me better glide than the dawn. I just was wondering if anyone has some thoughts on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Put 2 teaspoons of baking soda in with the dawn in a 3-5 gallon bucket - I saw it on a you tube- I have been using for 10 days and I will never go back to using detergent without the baking soda- my windows absolutely shimmer!!! On top of it the glide is so slick …it’s like art!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

I believe that is an ingredient used in shampoo

Shampoo as well as many other deturgents. I’m quite happy with how my windows turned out. It doesn’t have any scent, colors or additives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

It is an anionic surfactant (makes water wetter) and also is a foaming agent. I have seen it sold in bulk powder for under 5 bucks a pound. In some circles, it is considered a poison

It’ll leave your window sticky And they will be dirty again in two weeks. Just like all the soaps

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

you are using too much

Glass gleam 4. And 3 are surfactants. But not soaps. They will The glass residue free iwindows will stay clean much longer

The results are much better request for but the customers call less often because their window stay clean for really long time the dust does not stick to them
So Innoway it’s bad for business because they’re not calling as often but on the other hand are much happier with the job it’s noticeably cleaner

SLS is a great bleach thickener & I’ve heard of some guys using it for roof cleaning. :wink:

I used dawn for 25 years. Gg4. Is much better. I’ve heard people add ecover for slip but iIdon’t.more slip is nessesary for large amounts of fast clean glass. I do only residential and don’t need that much slip. The results are best with just gg4. The customer get s a great long lasting job
I going out to make up for yesterday’s wash out

I never could use Dawn, it made my hands too rough and cracked. Joy was only slightly better. That is why my Dad developed the solution we use now. It will still de-fat skin, but it takes much more and longer exposure

Give glass gleam 4 for a try just for shits and giggles by 15 Dollar quart

If you Write to Titan industries they will send you a sample for free

Can’t get any cheaper than free

A

A. Vid ng

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about “Vision” recently. Its made for WFP, but apparently adds lots of nice slip if added to your usual trad mix: “Vision” additive for WFP window cleaning from Jigsaw Innovations |

I have, I think my formula serves me better. I try every new product I come across. This old dog is always looking for a new trick