Poll: what percent of window cleaners charge extra for tracks

type X for charge extra or I for included

follow up poll: if you charge extra for tracks, what do you charge per window (with out track cleaning) and how much do you charge to do the tracks,

if you include track cleaning what is your per window price?

$2 per track. prices for panes vary based on size, dirtiness and access but start at $3 per pane.

1 Like

$1.50 per track. I dust with a paint brush, then vacuum the loose dirt. After cleaning the window a simple wipe of the track with a damp towel usually does the trick. Sometimes I have to use a wet white scrub pad to get long neglected dirt off.

(Incidentally, I take those white pads and cut them in 4ths. I only usually use about that size anyway and it extends my purchase.)

1 Like

but if you don’t do tracks?

Tracks are included in our price. There are certain situations that there is an additional cost for track cleaning.

1. triple tracks

2. dis-assembling tracks and cleaning (q-tip treatment)

but those situations rarely happen.

1 Like

I am of the opinion that everyone charges something for track cleaning. It’s just a matter of whether or not you put a line item in your estimate. Like a carpet company that says they do free installation…installers do not work for free, so it’s obviously hidden in the price of the carpet.

$13 / window…in-out-screens-tracks.
Windows that haven’t been cleaned in years
and difficult access raises the price.

1 Like

Well, the customer doesn’t want to open their window after spending $350 to clean them and see a bunch of dirt in the tracks. You can include the price of tracks, or use it as an add on. If you sell them on a maintenance interval where they get charged the first go around and benefit from inclusion on a maintenance clean then it helps sell the maintenance clean a little.

2 Likes

Customers don’t really know what they want, they just want clean windows, and unless you have told them otherwise they are gonna assume your gonna clean the “WINDOWS” for the customer they don’t see the glass as the window they see the whole unit as the window, they asked for a quote to clean the window… not just the glass, its the mentality of the window cleaner who assumes they just want the glass cleaned as that is how you have trained yourself to be efficient at cleaning glass. IMO not doing tracks and screens is just doing half the job, if you don’t clean the screens first rain is gonna dirty the pane behind the screen. not removing crap from tracks can cause additional debris to get stuck in the rollers of the sliding window/doors making them less than functional
My price includes tracks frames and screens and of course the glass, most jobs are around $80-100/hr in reality even though I quote per pane.

5 Likes

Yeah best route i have found is have packages. Glass only for the cheap jobs

glass screen and light track cleaning. Most common

glass screen and Heavy track clean. Hardly ever done but mainly to set expectations that the middle package the tracks are clean but not perfect. This one is really if you lay awake at night thinking about your window tracks.

2 Likes

I have had people who said the same thing to me - and I took that opportunity to talk up the VALUE of the SERVICE that I PROVIDE to them. I don’t offer a cheap service and there are exceptional benefits to the home owner as to why.