Pricing based on neighborhood

I try to never tell anyone a price per, becisse if they’re asking there price shopping, and more than likely looking for the cheapest price.

Yes there are times I just say I get 10 for this an 15 for that , but guess what you never hear back from them. There on to the next guy trying to find the cheapest.

Once someone asks me how much per window it’s a turn off. If you have to ask you can’t afford it. Your not the customer I’m looking for.

Yes I understand some people are price conscious. But like everyone always say this is a luxury service. It’s meant for people who can afford it. Anyone can clean there own windows

So go ahead who cares ! I’ve even told people how to clean there one fence to save money. There own decks to save money. I tell them it’s easy do it yourself. There not your customer.

You want the ones who are to bust making money. They have no time.

You want the ones who don’t have the time or don’t want to be bothered. Not the ones that will do it , because it’s cheap.

Price per job ! Yes I count the windows on every estimate , but I give a price for the job not per wondow, so my estimate says all windows screens cleaned in/out , and sills wiped down. 450.00. 1100,00. 1800.00.

This is me ! But hey you do it your way it’s your business. We all have 8 hours in a work day. Yes there are 24 hours a day , an you can work 8 ,10 , 15 hours , but if I worked 10 I’d make more than if I worked 8.

About “track cleaning”. Is it just me or do others get some really dirty messy tracks? I used to charge $2 per track to brush, vacuum, scrub with soapy water and wipe down. I mean many times these tracks just have a lot of accumulated dirt in them. This year I upped that to $3 per track for that service and won’t go back. It can often be more work than cleaning the actual window! Crusty dirty screens went up a buck as well. Those two aspects of cleaning the window end up being rather time consuming and charging proper for them makes it worth it for me and the customer gets a properly cleaned window, track and screen.

1 Like

$3/track cleaning/brush/vac is a steal!

My “premium package” quote that I give is the regular in/out price times 1.5, those things are disgusting and they take way too long for the white glove treatment.

1 Like

Wholly agree!

1 Like

Just put in your estimates for extremely dirty tracks there will be an up charge. That solves that.

These are unforeseen things on estimates. Who has time to go take screens out. Not me !!!

All my estimates say sill wipe down. Not steam clean , not Qtip cleaning.

Sorry just realized what you meant your charging already or this service. Long day :rofl:

1 Like

Yea, not Qtip cleaning, but no mud left after cleaning. Brush the hard stuff loose, vacuum out quick and easy. Some stubborn stuff needs a quick scrub pad, then wipe dry. It goes pretty quick if you have a rhythm to it. Deep clean is a whole other animal.

1 Like

For me, I have to constantly remind myself of the neighborhood where I am giving quotes. I have been stuck doing houses for so long at the 200-400 range. Now I get calls to go to these homes that range from 5-10 million. Just did a house the other day for $1800. They are so rich, $1800 is nothing for them. Definitely, know what you bring to table. If you can get into Richie neighborhood, don’t be afraid to charge accordingly.

I charge according to the job not the neighborhood. One particular neighborhood is very expensive large homes. One home in particular was $600+, while another one down the street about the same size but half the windows was about $350. Both homes land in <$1 mill range. Another that I do quarterly is a sprawling mansion and 10 acres on the water, it runs about $1,500 while just a block away another home was $225. I couldn’t charge that home based on the neighborhood, just on the amount of windows, tracks, and screens it has.