Pricing: Hard or Soft?

I like doing little extras for customers. Helps build a good rapport and since 99% of my business come from referrals, that pretty important. Prob the number 1 extra request is changing high up light bulbs.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

He paid $75.00 for it. Cheap for the job, but it was his equipment and an easy add on for the moment. I do other little deatail stuff like this morning a window above the foyer had a decorative wrought iron balcony rail in front of it. Not very big. I wiped the dust off while I was up there no charge. The customer was appreciative.

Smart. Changing light bulbs doesn’t take long. Then you have a client for life!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

So true. Many people don’t realize the need for leverage in negotiating. When people ask “Is that the best you can do?” (Regarding price), I offer lower cost options. If that doesn’t cut it for them, I ask what they can do for me. Indicating to them the need for that leverage before the price will come down.

Reminds me of a time years ago. I had a client that left a light bulb on the counter for her husband to change when he got home. She paid me and left for the day. I surprised her by changing the bulb after she left. I left a thank you card that read… Thank you so much for being one of my clients. I changed the light bulb for you. I remember Mr Jones saying he is not comfortable on ladders. Thank you again for your business! Have a wonderful weekend. See you soon! Chad

It is the little things we do for our clients that create relationships for a lifetime

1 Like

I had a client last month insist I take $50 for changing out 4 light bulbs for her. All step ladder stuff she couldn’t do.

Exactly

Very nice touch Chad.

I will always change bulbs for my elder customers. I have the ladders, experience and balance to do the job without breaking a hip

Thanks Steve. I just wanted to share my experience. There are so many great window cleaners on here that have mastered the art of maintaining clients for life. I have learned so much on this forum!

I once solved the Rubik’s cube for a kid at the home I was working in.

But on a more practical plane, I don’t discount unless it’s an advertised discount. But I am happy to do a lot of those little extras that aren’t because of customer laziness or greediness.

I usually do the master bath mirror. Housewives LOVE this. But I’ll ask them if they’d like it done especially if they have a bunch of stuff in front of the mirror.

I would have to charge for that, It would take me a half a day .

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

1 Like

Naw, get a flat head screw driver, pop the blocks off, 5 minutes max…

1 Like

Rubuks cube… that’s awesome.

I solved it when I was a kid, standing at the counter of some auto repair place with my mom.

I said “whoah, I did it!”

• the guy looked at me and said “no way:rolleyes:,” "bullshiiit"
    He was as as shocked as I was, so shocked that his “children around/language sensor” turned off. :smiley:

It was kind of one of those things where it just was kind of… acceptable amongst all parties.

[MENTION=1736]JfromtheD[/MENTION] Your post about helping old ladies made me cry a little :’)