Pricing Power washing jobs

Im not a big fan of the surface cleaner…maybe because I have to go back to hit the gum and clean up. Unless somebody has a better technique.

JLOC COMMERCIAL/RESIDENTIAL SERVICES

sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

So you do driveways and such by hand?!

Hey guys, my first house wash is on Monday, all stucco 3200 sqft house and a bit of moss and mould on the surface. I will be using a product by Wash Safe that’s main ingredient is Hydrogen Peroxide. I have on order a Delevan 5850 pump to apply the product and going to rinse with my 3 GPM Hotsy 965B My question is for you guys doing house washed in an hour or 1.5 how many GPM are you rinsing with?

V.I. Mobile Steam Wash
Victoria BC Canada
visteamwash.com

Down here in Palm Beach, Florida $0.10 cent per square foot seems to be the going rate, some guys are going as low as $0.06 cent per square foot.

So I have a store front customer call me up to do her residence inside and out, and if I could power wash the front and back side of her shop.

Since I do not presently offer power washing I said I would have to rent equipment as I don’t presently offer it, so sorry, no. She said she would pay for the rental and my time if I want to think about it.
::Bam::, okay, real world practice on first job and doesn’t cost me anything!

So, I can rent a 3000 psi unit from Sunbelt for $80 for the day. But how much to charge for my time? Small shop so set up, wash, clean up and put away, a couple of hours? $50 per hour plus rental fee would be fair?

By the way, I have researched into adding this service so I know not to blast at full 3,000 psi and strip the paint off the walls. Probably Simple Green House Wash, might even need to agitate with a brush in a few spots(?), then 45º angle with the wand and power wash with applying and rinsing; wetting down vegetation first, during, and after. So you see I do get the drill.

Just is there any advice for tackling this? Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to use that product? I would just use SH aka chlorine bleach. And you really don’t need a chem pump. Just by a down streamer or x jet and you’ll be set plus you’ll save some $. Those pumps are more designed for roof washing.

Ya make sure you rent a 4gpm machine your going to have to buy an injector kit An some soap like Lemonator.

Then being that your in Fla get some pool shock 10% or 12% should be cheap by you. You would add 2-21/2 gallons of pool shock per 5 gallon container with about 4oz Lemonater 3 gallons of water

I’ll put a link up for what you need it’s minimal not that expensive. Make her pay for it. :sunglasses:

You can call me too if you like Garry. 516-721-6503

The machine should come with a gun an lance.

4 Likes

That house looks like stucco. He might be better off with a 12volt pump.
If it’s dryvit than ya a strong mix via downstream or xjet should do.

Anyway that was 3 years ago doudt he is still trying to figure it out :laughing:

2 Likes

I think you should raise your prices a complete face-lift to a house is worth more than 200

Yea, it’s an old thread. Stucco seems so fragile. Perhaps because it doesn’t get sealed properly? I see lots with chipping paint and loose joints.
Part of why I have been somewhat reluctant to pull the trigger and get up and running with power washing - until this dropped in my lap.

I have thought about getting a basic set up and offering driveway/sidewalk cleaning. Much of my area drains into the bay and bayous so chemical runoff is a concern.

2 Likes

Thanks! This is great!

This is an old thread. I just revived it instead of starting a new similar one. That guy hasn’t even posted in like 4 years?

1 Like

Oops! Back to drinking…

10 year Ardbeg at the moment… nothing fancy but still good :blush:

Lol but I love it!

pressure washing blows the doors off window cleaning money wise the simple fact is a machine is doing the work vs manual labor

2 Likes

I have a 12volt pump so that’s what I would use but I don’t think it’s necessary… I just figured maybe he could save some $ since he’s just getting starating.

But yaaa… I didn’t realize how old the thread was.

Depends on how nad it is I guess I don’t do much stucco. More dryvit around here than stucco.

I agree with ya about the cash flow on pressure washing jobs. Those are, more often than not, the jobs I rake in serious change on. But man, I always go away from the all day pressure washing jobs like I just got beat up. Holding a wand all day pushing 4000psi is hard on the upper body.

1 Like

On a driveway?
Get a surface cleaner

It can wear you out and it used to me as well but I’ve learned you need the right tools and equipment and then your set

1 Like