Pricing "Way off"?

Yes after Labor Day it will pick up.

1 Like

We were dead in July, but picked up in August.

BUT, now I’ve got 2 managers on vacation, one on Workers Comp and I’m now stuck home with Covid for the next few days. We literally have one guy in the field right now lol

Ouch.

July was pretty good although the last week of July (last week) I got no calls.

Thought it’d slow down but this week the calls picked up again.

I set a voicemail to leave a text for a faster response, since I’m on a plane to Canada rn lol

Now usually I’m about a week booked out.

No, don’t “tell” him that lol. Think that in your head and then say exactly what he said, which is “my pricing reflects the work being performed, let me know if you change your mind or need my services in the future”.

I accidentally had a woman who moved here from Florida overhear me tell my brother (who was on the job with me that day) that I accidentally underbid the job (we were both there for 4 hours and I bid the job at $200, oops), and she proceeded to lecture me about how I run my business and that $200 was already more than she would have payed on a house twice the size of this one in Florida. I politely responded that I never would have tried to increase the price after giving her a quote like that, and she Said “well I wouldn’t have payed it anyway” and “my husband and I ran a business with 500 employees and you should” yadda yadda yadda. Awful woman. Miscommunication on my end about scope of work performed, thought it was an old lady, turned out they just bought the house from an old lady and were renovating it. It happens.

The important thing is that although I wanted to yell at this woman and say “screw you”, I was polite, because the last thing you want is a rich person telling all their rich friends that you are a jerk and tried to rip them off. Especially in a small area like mine. Don’t mean to lecture, just saying that it is almost always worth taking the high road and being polite, even if you want to punch them in the face and they deserve it. :slight_smile:

1 Like