Pros and Cons of a WATER TANK

I would love to see your setup!!!

Another member drove from out of town to see it in action today. He took pictures and video. Iā€™ll post some when I get copies.

40 windows in+out in 40 mins ? gotta see that

I have the DI Tanks, with quick release hose connections. The only time it sucks is when the house has low pressure.

Me too! This was outside only. in+out is $400+

So what do you do when the house had bad pressure?

The pump on my RHG RO/DI Electric Cart! :slight_smile:

Finally took some pictures

200 gallon tank + red hose = WFP setup
100 gallon tank + yellow hose = future roof cleaning setup

NICE RIG! Everything looks clean. Do you have any of the video you were talking about?

ā€œAnother member drove from out of town to see it in action today. He took pictures and video. Iā€™ll post some when I get copies.ā€

All I have is the unedited video, which I donā€™t have his permission to post. Hopefully heā€™ll get an edited one together.

Dude sweet setup. I have the same truck. Would love to have that set up. what pump are You using for your WFP?

Itā€™s a shurflo with a flow controller from RHG. Love it!

Thankā€™s. Do they sell that here at WCR?

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d carry all that around just for window cleaning. I also pull a trailer loaded up with heavy lawn mowers and extra gas really adds up but if youā€™re already in the pressure washing biz it makes a lot of sense.

My service area is pretty tight. I only put 10k on my truck last year. Gas doesnā€™t make up a huge expense for me.

Now back to the original post :stuck_out_tongue: ā€¦that is a sweet rig :wink:

Iā€™m all about the tanks in my area. Right now I have two 30 gal RV tanks linked together and are perfect for commercial jobs - I just pull up and go. Though, I do have it all in a small enclosed trailer and that thing is ANNOYING when trying to do jobs with limited parking downtown.

Also, where I live we have a TDS of 17 in the city and a TDS of 190 in the country (mountain spring-fed vs. valley well water). So for me, using Ionicā€™s DI filters without an RO membrane, Iā€™d rather fill up at home and cart the water out to the site to help extend the life of my filters. ā€¦the first time I didnā€™t do this I could just see the color change as I ran through the job to get it done as quickly as possible without killinā€™ my filters!

Iā€™m going to upgrade to a 250 gal tank and only keep it partially full. I have a few jobs in discussion for large city buildings and I would rather pull my van around with everything setup instead of having to setup and tear down hoping for a nearby spigot.

Did I mention this comment makes no sense? I can do a 6000 sq ft house with all french panes and not use 60 gallons. I work soooo efficiently. Iā€™m sure Iā€™d work circles around any other setup. Guaranteed! Water tank is the way to go.

Hereā€™s a teaser of the new setup about 50% done. Itā€™s gonna be sweet. WFP, roof cleaning and soft washing! I used all three this afternoon. Love it!

1 Like

Iā€™m glad I found this thread. I am just about to make the leap into WFP. a nice cart is obviously the way to go for larger jobs with good water supply, but when we do small route work that requires small pole work, Iā€™ve been runnin the idea of a 200-gal tank on a small trailer around in my head for quite a while. didnā€™t even know anyone else was doing it. it seems to make a lot of sense to be able to just hitch up a rolling tank of pre-purified water with a basic Honda pump supplying a pole and go to town. Iā€™m thinking of only when it is a day of 10-20 minute stops that would require poles or ladders. wouldnā€™t need to be permanently installed in a vehicle to take up a lot of space, just a little tank trailer when you need it. am I missing something?

First- that sounds amazing. nice job!
But what I donā€™t get is, if you can clean that many windows with only 39 gallons- what in the world would you need 200+ gallons for??
Not trying to knock your system- Iā€™m just genuinely intrigued at why you want a tank that large? I can understand if it was for a pressure washing rig, but for WFP work, I just donā€™t get it. Please enlighten me :slight_smile:

To the original poster, ABM, if you still have your 250 gal tank and decide to go with a smaller one for your vehicle, donā€™t get rid of the big tank just yet. You can always use it as a holding tank, particularly if you get into rainwater harvesting. That much water could last you several days of cleaning.