Pros and Cons of window cleaning

If you got all that and you are serious about the business.

Why is that you are not doing 3 or 4 plus homes a weekend, get in to it!

Get what you can then you will have a better idea of what can be achieved.

The more you do the better you get.:slight_smile:

In relation to reading enough there is always something to learn.:wink:

I’ve seen plenty of poor electricians and carpenters driving around in beat-up trucks, with filthy clothes and messy hair.

… it’s what you make of it.

Welcome to WCR im glad you decided to jump in and participate.

DHWC,

Obviously you are getting good at window cleaning. Keep up the good work! :slight_smile: After reading your post here are a few things that came to mind.

My comments herein are in no way intended to offend:

If you believe you will not make window cleaning a full time successful business, your right. Only you can determine whether you will push to succeed or not. Nobody on this forum or any other place has a successful low start up cost business without putting there heart into it.

When I quit my full time job 9.5 yrs ago I had only been in business for 6mos. I had a $300 dollar house lined up, and maybe 500 worth of commercial a month. Many said I was stupid, crazy, ignorant…at the factory I quit. 10 yrs. later, those guys are still breaking their backs and I have two employees and time to spend with my wife and son and more important activities. Only because I did not give up or give in to conventional thinking.

Also, buying equipment will save you time, like Larry said, 25%-50% off labor with a WFP. That now starts to build up your “hourly” wage. Can you gain a 25-50% wage increase at your full time job? The thing is, window cleaning is not something you can just learn all aspects of in a short time. Everyone who is successful learns different ways to do things constantly, in hopes in finding a better more efficient and profitable end.

Now, with these thoughts I wish to add: You are already succeeding! You are already making a brand name! You are already proving to be a more professional window cleaning company than your low balling competitors! All of this with your heart and drive to succeed will help push you where you want to go.

Keep up the good work!

Being your own boss is probably the biggest plus but also you can make a desent living and not have to work a 40 hour week to do it.

I worked for the same company for over 33 years before I started this business, worked 8 to 12 hours a day plus weekends at times. Since I have been doing this I have worked an 8 hour day maybe 5 times and never put in a 40 week yet and I make more then I did at my full time job, almost double. (Before expensis that is).

In my business it is a two man show with the other being my 21 year old son. We work well together and with two people on the job it goes much faster and smoother.

The main con to this business in my mind is the unpredictability of the weather. I live in Wisconsin and there is alot of seasonal changes you have to deal with and the worst being the cold weather of winter here in Wisconsin but you suck it up and get out there every day you can and do what you can to get the work done.

If any one tells you that window cleaning is a easy job, they have never done it or done it long enough to experience all the different things you encounter and I am relitivly new to this (only about 4 years).

I have always figured that this business was easier to get work in because you are performing a job that many other people ether hate doing themselves or suck at it and want the finished job to look better or just plain do not have the time in there busy schedules to get it done.

Just my opinion…

http://mywindowcleaning.co.uk/window-cleaners-lambeth.html