Prospecting Storefront Managers

Sometimes when cold calling on storefronts you might get turned down by a manager or an employee.

Tip: Don’t take a “No” from someone who doesn’t have the authority to say “Yes”.

If you get what feels like an out of hand no, ask the person would you be the person to make the decision for me to clean your windows? If they say no, ask them who would that person be. When they tell you, ask to speak to them.

Here’s a strategy for getting new residential accounts:

How many times have you heard the expression, “I don’t do windows”?

A buddy of mine made a good business by contacting all of the house cleaning services in his area and worked out a percentage deal with them. (80/20 I think)

The maids were able to offer that service to their customers, they did the advertising for him and he was more than busy with work.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Been doin this for years.
My last “maid house” was in December .
I ALLWAYS network with the maids when I can.
Sometimes it’s 80/20 sometimes it’s a gift certificate.
Depends on the maid.
I guess I’m a maid man…
Pax

** Belief Systems Are Fragile Things. How Will You React When Your Reality Suddenly Ceases To Exist?
Cleaning Windows is Just MyJob, Not My Life…
~ Pompous Basterd

Probably the best response I’ve ever seen on WCR

Having to call corporate is such a pain in the ass. First off you are losing that face to face meeting, but on the other hand if you land the job your chances of getting the whole chain are better

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Classic response Don! +1

[MENTION=5616]Jared[/MENTION]Al I went out for a day of cold calls this past week and used your advice on getting in and had more success than I expected. I appreciate you sharing these great tips. Building this business is hard work and being a part of this community is such a great thing. I appreciate you guys sharing so openly with a new guy. I hope I can reciprocate some day.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Congrats man. Just remember it’s a numbers game. Every “no” you get, brings you that much closer to a yes.

Also keep in mind that you’ll fail to close 100% every time you decide not to go out. The hardest part is just getting out there.

4 Likes

What do you mean when you say you “write”? Write what?

I’m picking up on a theme here which amounts to “There are different approaches to cold calling/walking into new businesses/walking a beat seeking new business, but there is no substitute for it.”

2 Likes

Well put JaredAI.

Jared I am new to WCR and need to download your estimate sheet. You said its in the member area. So where exactly is that at?

the value is indeed amazing - I’m in the beginning stages myself - experimenting with ways to sell is frustrating and advise is hard to come by.
adding to the frustration, the a/c just went out in the jeep (of course) - so now I’m smooshin with sweat beads on my forehead!

I appreciate the compliment jmattern - I’ve been tempted to move up the ladder (pun always intended) but a lot of the higher end stuff seems to want me to go through corporate - am I to just cold call the corp office and start a bidding process? how does it work with the bigger guys?

or google map your bids and just e-mail them

worldglasswindowcleaning.com

Great post @JaredAI

Scheduling is a key factor when it comes to route work, i use the “every 4 weeks.” The extra payment a year helps.

Gold!

We used to do this. It was great to squeak a wholes extra months worth of revenue out of it.

I totally agree its “Gold”.

That extra full month of revenue creates opportunity.

Do you know if the 20% is for a one time referral by the maids or was it every time they did the job that the maids referred if it turned into a regular customer? Thanks