Quickbooks Pro 2009

QuickBooks Pro 2009 Free after $40 instant and $159.99 MIR * Monday, December 22 ONLY *
At Staples only

Thanks, man!

Thats a good deal… I may pick that up… Im running 2002 still. Its time for an upgrade.

I use the Online version. How do you backup the software version? Can you back it up online, or do you have to use a cd? I’m not sure if I trust my computer to not crash and I loose all my data…

How about saving to an external or [URL=“http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11315989&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|84|31022|4298&N=4017767&Mo=18&pos=2&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4298&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10626-Cat31022&topnav=”]portable hard drive?

My Wife has been pushing for us to switch to the online version of Quickbooks. How long have you been using it? And how do you like it?

Do you only back up online? An external hard drive is a good idea to back up to just for another safety net.

I’ve been using the online version for about a year or so. I’ll admit, I don’t use it as I should, meaning, I don’t use it to it’s full potential. I basically use it for printing invoices and estimates. I keep hard copys of every invoice signed for tax reasons, and I don’t have anything linked to my bank account.

I was skeptical at first, so I didn’t want to totally rely on it. But I beleive I’m comfortable with it now to start using it to it’s full potential next year.

I’m very happy with the online version. There’s two reasons why I think I may go with the software version though…

1. It cost less. The online version is around $25 dollars a month.
  2. I like to print estimates/invoices whereever I am out of my truck. So I need an internet connection to do this using the online version. 75% of the time a wifi signal is available, but that 25% is a pain. I don’t really want to spend $60 dollars a month on an aircard either.

If the software version of Quickbooks allows you to easily back everyting up to a USB drive or similar that would be ideal.

The only main advantage I can see with the online version is that you can access it from any computer…

Our church uses the online version. the only benefit is that we can have multiple users and set up levels of access for each user. This gives us accountability for the finances.

The only benefit for a single user that I can see is the ability to access it out of the office. I rarely do that so I use the software version.

I’m bummed because I just bought 08 when 09 first came out. They were offering 08 at $75 off then. Free sounds good, but we don’t have a Staples nearby.

[COLOR=“blue”]Thanks for the feedback![/COLOR][/SIZE]

I wonder if the free-with-rebate offer is good through the http://www.staples.com site.

I only saw Pro 3-user and Pro for Mac listed there, and didn’t quickly find the 12/22 special listing…

according to the site I found the info, its available on line or in store
it does say limited quantities so online at 12 midnight might be your best bet

If you had an apple computer you could just use the time machine software that comes with your mac.

I have a mac and i love it…

Can you post the URL?

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1087897
This is the site I found it, there is no direct link but if you go to staples.com and search for the SKU# that should find it for you

From the forum:
Valid on QuickBooks Pro 2009 (sku 758686) only.

From Staples search:
[I]Search Results
Match Not Found. We’re sorry, there were no matches for “758686” on our site.[/I]

I’ll check the Sunday paper (and Staples site tomorrow for specials starting 12/21) for this special.

UPDATE: I went back to the SD site and read the rest of the 5 pages of posts re: this deal. You think we go back-and-forth here – check it out…

Hope this works, should be a pdf of the advert780_QuickBooks_Pro_at_Staples[1].pdf (142 KB)

What do you think of Customer Factor? Do you use this. If you do is it used in unison or conjunction with QB’s

Godspeed

i have been using thecustomerfactor for over 2 years now, currently you can not intergrate the two. but the developer is working on it right now as we speak,

feel free to contact me if you would like further info on the software.

I stopped by Staples this morning to inquire. They said they didn’t know anything about the promotion, and couldn’t tell me even if they did (but, they were sincere.) They may not find out themselves until afterclosing tonight, or even early tomorrow morning.

There are some other crazy and seemingly illogical promotions underway there this holiday season they stated.

They do open at 8:00AM tomorrow.

is it snowing in Paradise???