Quitting your full time job

Never!!!

Great question. 4 and a half years. Iā€™m in Southern California which is about as unaffordable as it gets. I was in technology sales making 6 figures and my lifestyle matches so I couldnā€™t just jump in. So I started with employees from day one, made sure I hit quota at my sales job so I could do what I needed to with my business and had to make sure I could match my income before I jumped. I didnā€™t get paid for 3 and a half years from the business just to make sure I could make the jump.

Good people were the key.

5 Likes

Kinda in this position lol.

Either Iā€™ll leave this year or next year but maybe sooner rather than later

Hard to stay at a dead end job

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna be 66 in feb, i have only had a job a couple of times for fairly short periods. i usually jump into new businesses head first with absolutely no previous knowledge or experience.

I get to retire from my full time job at age 50. I love my job, donā€™t think I would ever give it up. So 14 years I get to sign off from one passion, and get to take my full time business, truly full time.

1 Like

I have had my business going for about 4 years part time while working a full time job. Iā€™m jumping headfirst full time solo come March! I live in Michigan and am seasonal for windows. my first year, 6k. 2nd year 13k. 3rd year 24k and last year i hit 40k working my tail off PART TIME. biggest thing that helped me was getting on Google and getting my reviews up and running. I have never had experience in self employment and am still learning a ton. Almost all of my clients are from word of mouth and Google calls. im not sure what to expect full time but i have a very strong spring list going which i will start calling in March.

2 Likes

What part of MI? We are in Oakland/genesee counties

1 Like

I live in Mattawan. I service Kalamazoo,
Van Buren areas.

Eight months

1 Like

Hi @Jhallman17. While browsing this thread, I wanted to see how your first month has gone?

Reading through your reply has given me a plan for my business and is really inspiring.

Hi jason! Living in Michigan Iā€™m really gonna start firing up next week. A lot of scheduling this week.

quilting huh? i will stick with window cleaning.

What would you guys say was the biggest thing that hit you when you went full time in your biz?

Realizing no steady paychecks anymore? How much more you can actually make on your own? The freedom you have?

Just trying to gauge the transition from going from a job to your own business

How nice the winter is when you have no money coming in lol?

@Narcos the biggest thing that hit me was the freedom to make all the decisions. No more decision-by-committee or trying to sell efficiencies and better practices to useless supervisors and coworkers.

2 Likes

Hey man! Just an update! Finished my first season full time solo! Went fantastic! Hit my goal of 100k gross and now Iā€™m getting my van setup for bringing water with me to clients homes. Iā€™ve learned a TON about what to do and what not to do on both the business end and book end! Hope you had a great season as well! Rock on man!

1 Like

People ask me a lot here ( 100k city) why i moved from a 10mil city. Always the same answer.

Shes really fuckinā€™ pretty.

@Jhallman17

Hey Jamie! Good to hear from you and itā€™s awesome that you crushed that revenue goal. Also, excited to read that youā€™re focused on improving things this year, like with the van setup.

Things went well here. There were some ups and downs and like you, I learned a lot. Itā€™s amazing how running your own business challenges you and fuels personal growth in ways that being an employee never can.

What are you setting as goals this year?

Wishing you continued success.