R.I.P Our BEST FRIEND

@Garry God bless you sir. The rescued are the real rescuers.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Garry , truly dogs are mans best friend . My dog is also a rescue , so I know the feeling of the connection you had .

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Our pups are our family

I have come to realize, mourning is a selfish thing…
By that, I mean, that WE are the ones who are dealing with the loss.
The one we lost is not hurting.

I lost my little girl on July 9th.
I took the day off on the 10th, to 'bring my little girl home."
(was late when she was put down the night before.)

On that day, first day back to work…
I thought about how she finally got to see where I go, all those days when I left her.

• before tat, she only knew that I would leave, and then I would arrive.

Made me smile, and at the same time, had me kind of/nearly in tears.

2 Likes

I was lucky, by that, I mean… the last moments together were spent with me looking at her.
… and her back at me.

What I said to her was “THANK YOU!”
Over and over again, 'thank you for being my best friend for sooo long!"

lol. She had lost her hearing earlier in the year… but she heard me in that moment.

THAT much, I know! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this made me cry. my boy is getting old and I’m afraid of that day that I do what you did. I pray I’m there.

1 Like

I am glad that my Schultz was the kind of dog that I could bring with me on several jobs. Not all jobs, but several of them we got to hang out on a sort of “Bring Your Dog To Work Day”. Those customers loved him too - thankful for that.

We put ours down last week, had her for 14 years and very tough to watch the life go out of them in our arms but we owe it to them to be there in their final moments as they were there for us the entire time, we still have her brother left and pretty tough for him as his best mate of 14 years left one day and then never came back, he’s been sleeping in all her favourite spots waiting for her return, they have never spent a day apart in that 14 years

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. There is information out there on how to help partner dogs deal with the loss of their pal. People can find comfort in others and talking about but it, but animals need attention too. In many ways I prefer the soul of our fur companions.

Sorry to hear. Just got our first family dog a week ago myself.

5 Likes

Is WCS or Steve still around? Still in the industry?

I fuckin love dogs

And the first time I used “fuck” on this forum I got moderated @Chris :slight_smile:

Same night Larry L liked a post so I bought a round of drinks at a bar.

1 Like

tomorrow my family will say goodbye to my best friend. I’ve bawled like a baby several times this week. I hope the old dating isn’t true, All Dogs Go To Heaven… I’m going to need him in hell. lol
love them now, 11 years have flown by since we rescued him.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that :cry:

Very sorry to hear.

So sorry to see this. I am a rescue guy, it is so hard when we lose them, but so rewarding to give them a new lease on life. I lost my Schultz last November and wasn’t going to take in another soul for a while, but was alerted to a young dog that needed to be rescued from a high kill shelter, It had only been a month since I lost Schultz and I just said “I can’t let that happen - worst case is I foster until a home can be found”. Yea, that lasted about 5 minutes. I now have Gunther in my life and he was a wild child dog when I brought him in. He is young, 22 months old this month, and learning manners, obedience, and social behavior. I know this is a long response, but that is because we only get a relatively short time to give these rescue dogs a loving home and lots of them are out there waiting to be rescued. Gunther is turning into an awesome dog and soon can go on some jobs as Schultz did. :slight_smile: 5-12-2020

4 Likes

you’re a good man and freaking awesome. we have two other dogs but my wife is ashtray looking for her next rescue. like you I need some time. these two are 2 yrs and 11 months.

1 Like

:cry:

Had a customers dogo keeping an eye on me today

3 Likes

Ugh - I’m so sorry to hear this. My older dog is getting old… I can see the end coming and it chokes me up. I’m dreading the day :frowning:

2 Likes