Rain and Satisfaction guarantee contract

I should but I don’t. They start wining even if it’s only gonna rain. 80% of my storefronts are done every 4 weeks and they still wine. It’s like they’re crazy. I told one lady that her windows hadn’t been done in over a month and they still weren’t spotted. She gave me that worried look.

2 Likes

In your quotes you guys have some kind of Terms and Conditions?
I figured i should have something in writing like Terms and Conditions to show the customer we really mean the 100% satisfaction or you don’t pay or of it rains within 2 days after we did their windows we can come back and touch up for free.

I was also thinking about different scenarios… what if it rains within 2 days but customer calls back a month later and says “hey it rained within those 2 days and i want my windows done now”

same for the 100% satisfaction… customer says after a week of the service “Hey, i’m not satisfied i want money back”

The only way I know that I’m cleaning windows in the rain is because everyone walks up to remind me

3 Likes

It would depend on how far out of my way, probably. If I had a job next door, not such a big deal. If I had to make a 30 minute drive out of my way during work hours, then yeah 50 bucks or more seems fair.

I think the call would have to come within a week of completion to be credible.

1 Like

That’s my pet peeve. I hate that!!!

1 Like

You may be over thinking it. Just a verbal communication with your walk through generally sets their mind at ease.

In all actuality, how many times has it really come up with your customers?

3 Likes

hasn’t come up yet, but then again my company is fairly new so i’m trying to be proactive if some customer asks me if we write up service agreements

I don’t have anything in writing. It gives me the flexibility of refusing something that’s not right. If you can’t convince your customer that you care with words and attitude, then having it in writing won’t help.

The exception would be ccu, then I’d be very explicit in what I will and will not do and when I expect to get paid.

4 Likes

This.

2 Likes

thanks for the replies guys. On a side note, just got an opportunity to bid on large a 2-3 story condomonium complex exterior windows project. Manager says the residents or I will have to pay for the water… Upside is I reside in one of the units lol

1 Like

Can confirm, cleaned my windows back in February and only reason I have to clean them again is because of lawn mower

1 Like

Weather forecasters don’t give a guarantee. Where I’m from, they change the forecast everyday, and they get paid a shit ton. I can’t properly plan a job. If a customer sees rain in the forecast, they won’t want their windows clean, then that day ends up nice, I’m out of work for that day.

I used to do it, it really does nothing for anyone IMO. Reason being, here where I do biz, if the weatherman says there’s a slight chance for a light drizzle for ten minutes on Tuesday, I start to get cancellations and no calls. Personally I did that to make the customer feel secure about money well spent, but it does nothing.

Besides,
I would HATE to have to go all the way back to a client that was already done even tho I KNEW it was going to rain.

Have you found success with this in your area? I’m interested to know.

1 Like

I don’t give rain gaurantees. Its redundant if you ask me. Im in the business of cleaning glass so I consider it job security. I’m way too busy to backtrack anyway. If the glass gets rained on, oh well, not my problem. I have zero openings as it is. more power to the guys that do it tho

1 Like

To me it’s like whatever. Does a rain guarantee make a fence sitter close the deal? Sure we have one. Has anyone ever called me after it rains in 13 years…No, so yes I have one.

4 Likes

It is a safe guarantee to have. I have had one person call me back who happened to be 5 minutes from where I live. 4 or 5 windows at the front of the house extend all the way down to a few inches above grade; mud splattered - whatever, it took me all of 10 or 15 minutes total out of my day and happy customer. Rain does not make dirty windows - generally speaking - dirt does.

2 Likes

Exactly rain is pure water it’s a free rinse on clean windows

4 Likes

Ticked off I rescheduled several appointments because of rain that never showed up and the weatherman has a totally different forecast today! In Las Vegas, it seems like they have predicted rain to justify the $ they make. I give a rain guarantee but most just want to reschedule for “whenever it isn’t raining”. I tell them great that’s today and tomorrow and likely the next 100 days!!!
Many of the longtime customers say they love that we reschedule for the rain and that keeps them coming back so I’m worried about not continuing the practice the previous owner had of calling and rescheduling for anything over 20% prediction. But I lost money the last two days!!! And as a new owner making payments I’m broke! /:frowning:

get used to it, it will never stop, human psychology

people go by what it looks like right at the moment windows come up, whether a phone call days before, the dark clouds the day of etc

they’ll let you proceed if its sunny and hot the day of clean even if a heavy storm is predicited next week

its like the stock market, everyone has a different tolerance for risk, weather risk in this case

some people are like chicken little running around always saying it’s gonna/might rain all the time, irritating

instead of worry warts, “weather warts” I call them lol

but nobody cares when the wind blows the other way (throwing massive dust everywhere) cause the suns out, cracks me up

4 Likes