Rain Flow a No Go

I found a web sight as I was searching for all the info on Rain Flow before investing and installing it. This sight shows that it works well with a flat roof up to a 16" - 12" steep pitch roof. It looks like your roof in the video may be pushing the limit. Just a guess from looking at it. I understand how you feel, as I always want all customers happy with my service and any thing I would do for them. I hope you will update this as you find out more. Thanks!

[Rain Flow gutter protection from brilliant windows](

So when is rain flow better than other products? And what should I use on gutters with steep pitched roofs?

That’s the real issue. If the roof has an extreme pitch then no gutter protection system will work. It’s the speed and force of the water coming down that creates the problem. I saw at one time a gutter replacement system called Rain Handler. It was basically some slats that set in holders attached to the fascia board. When the water coming off the roof hits the slats they turn it back into rain so there isn’t a sheet of water coming of the roof.
Here’s a link - Gutters, Rain Gutters, Rain Gutters, Gutter cover, Gutter Guards, Rainhandler Gutters

Rain flow is not a totally maintenance free product. I have found for some of our customers in heavily wooded areas we need to go back every few months or so to brush off the rain flow and makes sure it’s doing it’s job. All the crap that falls on top of it doesn’t always dry up all the time and blow away. The product works as far as keeping the stuff out of the gutters and allowing water to pass thru. You just can not sell it as a maintenance free product.

Good point Linda. On the up side you can remind the customer that the stuff on top of the Rain Flow would be in the gutters clogging them. Maybe a quarterly maintenance package for outside windows and Rain Flow brushing could be implemented for those difficult scenarios.

I’ve never used this product but said something too my Dad about it. He has a area of gutters with pine trees filling all year long. Should he invest in this versus no stop cleaning. My thinking is the tops will look bad but they will still flow? DW