Rapid, Responsive Growth

[CENTER][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8289743071970339554&hl=en[/GVIDEO]
[SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][LEFT][SIZE=3] “Rapid, Responsive Growth” [/SIZE] Keynote Speaker Kevin Dubrosky- Mr. Dubrosky is a marketing genius and has helped numerous companies achieve there financial goals. Watch him do the same for you.

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Great advise, I’m definitely going to get my hands on Kevin’s book

Good job Kevin. I like your point about learning to put the squeegee down more. I got to do more of that.

Who knew you were such an accomplished public speaker. :slight_smile:

Was that Larry at 01:32 ? :smiley:

Haven’t had hair that long since 1978!

Kevin, you’re the man!
I really enjoyed this…I flet like I was watching an illegal camera copy of a movie that I should have payed for. Great stuff.

Nice video. How many employees do you have Kevin?

2 part-timers work for me (one 4 days a week, the other 2 days a week), and one other sub does 1 job for me every month.

Hey Kevin, Chris, Alex and anyone else with experience with employees, I’ve been doing commercial for 8 months now and built a customer list to keep one employee busy full time washing… at first I was hesitant at letting him do the windows on his own thinking he does not pay as much attention to detail as me and my customers want to see me doing the work so for 2 months I would go with him to all the businesses and paid him per hour. Last month I started him on commission telling him which accounts must be cleaned on which days and at the end of each day I visit the customers, write them a receipt and collect the cash. This system has freed up my days allowing me sell more and he is happy because he is making more money and he works on his own time. The only inefficiency I find is that I have to visit all my customers at the end of every day wasting my time and gas, I don’t want my employee collecting the cash because he doesn’t know how much I charge and I would rather he doesn’t because he might get upset and ask for a higher wage or go on his own, I currently pay him around 50% but want it to eventually be in the 35-40 range. What system for collections do you suggest for me, or should I still be going around collecting the money until I get 3 or 4 employees working full time? Thanks in advance for everyones advice

2 options:

Have your clients pay you by check or by credit card, and wait for it to arrive by mail, or as an online payment.

Have your clients leave the cash in a sealed envelope for your guy to pick up and drop off to your home/office for you.

Either way, you can have your guy leave invoices in sealed envelopes.

Rudner, you NEED to trust your employees!!! So, they see how much your charging, big deal. If he asks for a raise explain to him that you pay insurance, you have to purchase supplies, you pay for gas, you have expenses to keep him working! Usually employees understand that sort of reasoning, and if he doesn’t find an employee who does. I think that the fact that you go to each business to collect money sends a message to the business owner that you don’t trust your employee. However I DO think that from time to time you should visit each business to show your face and see how your employee is doing. Make sure your customers are happy.

I am still trying to pick up my jaw from the %50 pay rate.

wow…

You need any help this winter?

After you pay taxes, insurance, marketing, marketing, and more marketing. Not to mention vehicle upkeep. [I][U][B]You work for him.[/B][/U][/I]

Last year I had a guy I paid %40 as a contractor. He was worth it. But at the end of the day. I was working for him.

My girlfriend manages a Papa John’s Pizza and they keep their labor at %24. I find this amazing and I know windows aren’t pizza… but… We should be able to turn much more coin than the pizza joint. We don’t have to buy food. Nor maintain 2200sq ft at $8 per foot.

In my opinion, for what it’s worth. Labor should cost no more than 33%. 25% before unemployment insurance and social security matches. Just my opinion.

Sorry for the multiple long posts… but too bad.:smiley:

Kevin… Great talk. I truly enjoyed it.

Rudner…

email invoices to customers. Residential or Commercial. Send your guy, maybe with a checklist and/or customer satisfaction form of completion. When your laborer is done have the customer sign the form which is brought back to you. That way you know the job was completed. If they say they weren’t happy, you can say I have this signed completion checklist here that says other wise. It gives you a leg to stand on if you have people try to not pay.

Where the customer signs you can put in small print. By signing this “completion checklist” you agree to pay the invoice that will be emailed to @_ .com within 2-3 business days. Thank you for your business. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns do not hesitate to call (your phone number)

Thx Louie

Kevin that was brilliant.

Rudner i would say your guy already knows what you charge, or has a rough idea at least

HIJACK begins

That doesn’t sound right.

HIJACK ends