Resin Expansion

Just thought this was interesting, DI resin expands over time:

1 Like

I have never see that before. I find it seems to settle down a bit from where I filled it the time before. I pack as much as I can into my halfcubes, and always seem to have a little resin left over in the bag. When I open it up to change it out, there’s more space at the top.

I’m in a pretty soft water area, with minimal chlorination, though.

1 Like

And if you have used resin - it’s legitimate to throw it into the recycling bin.

1 Like

I’ve been going with a 3/4 fill, you get better results topping the tank off? :thinking: @Infinity

I figure the more that’s in there, the longer before I need to change it out :joy:

Plus, I don’t like the idea of a quarter (or 1/8?) cube of virgin resin just sitting around :man_shrugging:

I was using a mixed rain for a bit and it expanded like crazy. I packed this last canister with Virgin resin and it seems to be turning bad a bit faster…

Just wanted to add, I do believe that having the vessel packed really tightly helps prevent channeling in the resin.

This same thing happened in my Xero machine. The white tube that holds the resin split right down the middle