RODI woes

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I was hoping that maybe someone has had a similar issue with their RODI cart.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I just started it up the other day after having it stored for the winter (It was a heated garage. I did not remove the filters, although.). The first thing I noticed was an abnormal buzzing coming from the electric motor. The second thing I noticed was that it didn’t fully pressurize to 150-160 psi. It hangs on at around 90 psi, which is not right for this unit. Without the motor on, the unit pressurizes to around 60 psi.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]The pure water is at almost 0 TDS, so it still produces fine. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I didn’t have any wastewater coming out at first. IPC Eagle had me take apart the pressure regulator and re-lube the internals. After that, wastewater was coming out fine. But the unit still was not fully pressurizing.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Any thoughts? Any experience with a RODI unit losing pressure? Can anyone lend me money, because I’m losing work? Just kidding. I just need help with the first two questions. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/SIZE]

The first thing I would do is remove the old prefilters and see if the pump works at full psi. If the pump still will not work at full psi then remove the line that gos from the pump to the membrane. Then turn the water on with no power and see what comes out. If the water is clear and nothing comes out put the power on for a few seconds then reinstall the line. If you still are having problems move on to the membrane remove the drain line and flush your membrane for at least 5 min. giving the membrane housing a tap on the out side you should get some discolored water then put the system back if this all will not work call me and we can go over some more things 781-883-3107 Bill

Thanks Bill, I’ll give it a shot.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]So here is the situation with the cart, Bill.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]After performing all the tests that IPC Eagle gave me and after trying what you had suggested, I had found that the unit still produced pure water just fine; with the machine off or on. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]When the machine was on, it didn’t fully pressurize. In addition, there was a loud buzzing coming from the motor or pump. I couldn’t tell where it was coming from exactly until I disconnected the pump from the motor. There is a spindle coming from the pump that turns the pump and fits into the motor. Well, the piece where the spindle fit into the motor was all wobbly and was hitting the sides of the motor housing. This is where the buzzing was coming from. IPC Eagle said that it sounded like a bearing was shot on that piece.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]What a relief! The unit is still under warranty and IPC Eagle is sending a new one.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thanks for the suggestions. I was considering driving to Boston to have you take a look at it.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Nice, I am glad it worked out for you.