Sales Tax

Did you really think you could pull one over on Uncle Sam?
Instead of looking at the IRS website. Look at the web site for the Department of Revenue in your state.
I found out that I don’t have to collect sales tax on window cleaning. But, I do for gutter cleaning and pressure washing.

Your best bet is to find an accountant in your area to answer these questions for you. Also, if you need to file quarterlys as we do, an accountant is a great asset, he also takes a lot of pressure and stress off of us so we can stay focused on the work at hand.

Heres the link with all the correct info: http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/taxes/cleaning.html
In Florida you have to collect on all commerical accounts monthly. I have a window cleaner in my area who doesnt do it and I am reporting him, hes a bucket guy.

ohh Florida … a nice place to be a WC’er :slight_smile:

Now that Uncle Sam is making me his queen with taxes, I would like to move and start a Wc’ing co. in New Jersey :smiley:

It’s not Don “the window cleaner” is it?:smiley:

Whats a bucket guy?

How do you go about doing that???

I’ve got a WC’er that does a lot of work and doesn’t declare anything…squeegee Bob, he uses a car windshield squeegee and has a lot of accounts…people don’t want to switch because they feel sad for him. Well, I don’t feel sad because the guy is working illegally and comes in charging almost less than $0.50 a window…And he’ll pretend he knows you and talk trash to get your account…he’ll do whatever it takes to steal an account.

revenge!!!

Go to the IRS website and there is a place you can report people who don’t pay their taxes. Chances are if he’s not paying state, he’s not paying federal.

:slight_smile: yeah…

How do you get the persons info? Do you ask their customer? I stumbled upon a few jobs today done by guys that I could tell aren’t legit. They don’t charge sales tax and are waaaayyyy cheap, the one place I walked into asked if I could beat $9! I said my minimum is 10 + tax and she said “Well you are better to look at than the guy that does it now so I’ll talk to the owner”…even though that wasn’t a direct yes I left feeling confident and went on to cold call a few other places I wasn’t planning on doing w/ good results. The last place I went to the guy said two old guys do it for $20, before I went in I was thinking $40 but I told him I’d meet in the middle at $30 +tax, he was waiting for the guys to show and said if they didn’t he’d call me. I hope their vehicle breaks down…forever. I hate lowballers and those working for beer money!

What areas do you patrol around Taneytown Mike?

x

x

Taneytown gives me good access to Hanover, Westminster, Frederick so I’m kinda spread out. I try to work up at least 1 solid route in each area. Do you get up this way?

No, I’m mostly Anne Arundel county and a little Prince George county. Like most, I do travel if the price is right.

A buddy of mine that I was in the Army with is a master electrician with a large electrical company from the Frederick area. If I wanted CCU he could get me connected with many in that arena. Perhaps I could let him know you exist if you’d do CCU…do you?

Yah, definetely do ccu. Not only glass but all the general cleaning crap along with it. I do the windows and usually sub the general stuff to my parent’s janitorial company and vice-versa.

Ever heard of Spartan Electric?

That sounds pretty familiar. Definetely need to beef up the Frederick route though.

They are the largest electrical company quite possibly in Maryland. I was at their yard one day and was impressed.

Next time I talk to my buddy I’ll mention you and see what he’s got shakin.