Scratch Removal Proposal Template

Does anyone have a proposal template they could share? I would wordsmith it prior to use.

Additionally, does everyone providing restoration utilize a “breakage” waiver? I am soliciting business (as opposed to folks contacting me), so I wonder how shops (for example) view that notion.

I didn’t find one during a search…

Did you ever find a scratch removal proposal ? I could really use one …

Not yet.

It would be nice if Glass renu had some basic starter things along this line to give purchasers a head start

I think I’m sunk… i need to get this done for a meeting this week. I think i can get a lame one at office max and just write one up. But its not going to look to good. I wish i was better at this office stuff.

I’m working on a promotional “packet” for GlassRenu. If you’re a WCRA member, just grab a free proposal packet they have for the school or something, change the pic, the wording, and be on your way.

What does the equipment provider say about that?
How often does breakage occur?
The problem is that if you say to the customer that there is a chance of
breakage, they are likely to dump the deal.
Breakage is not a good selling point.

Thats the problem im not a WCRA member yet… I still have a wfp and glass renu system to pay for…

Some folks are prepared to replace, and are will to take a chance that restoration – a cost-effective alternative – is the answer.

For years I’ve heard the “walk-away-if-it-breaks” policy from Dan Fields. Call him with your apprehension…

We are working on something like this right now, so stay tuned. That being said I can’t wait to see what Garrett comes up with!

Have you found many customers that are going to replace their glass? I rarely see any glass replaced unless
it is broken. I do see a lot of scratches but I don’t think they would be willing to risk breakage with a repair.

Merv: You gotta shift to glass-half-full mode!

It’s not always about what you think. Give Kevin Dubrosky a call for a paradigm shift lesson.

For those who have actually been using Glass Renu, how often have you had a piece of glass break? (Cody, Cole)

Reported break rates are about 1 in 500. That being said the most common reason for breakage is user error. The most common issue that leads to the glass breaking is when a user is rushing to get a job done and they cut corners. If you follow the instructions you should not break the glass. Hope this answers the question!

1 Like

So, about $1,200 replacement cost for every $200,000 in repair work. I can live with that.

I broke a windshield!! WoooooHoooo! It was an oem 65 chevy pickup too…almost irreplacable…go me!

I have a lot of hands on experience with window cleaning customers. There have been scratched windows everywhere
for a long time. If I tell them I might break their window, and I won’t be responsible, there is no way I am going
to sell them a repair.

If I am going to sell them a repair, it would depend on the price.
How many of your customers have actually bought your repair service and how much were they
willing to pay? Did you tell them there was risk? What is your answer? Facts matter.

If, if, if.

Call Dan Fields – he has lots of experience specifically with scratched glass restoration.

Do you provide fabricating debris education and require a scratched glass waiver for heat-treated glass?

You avoided answering the question. I haven’t had much of a problem with scratched glass. So far I have been lucky I guess. I damaged one pane of glass with 350. I haven’t used a waiver. How do your customers respond to the waiver?
Have you had a problem with scratched glass?

Merv-

Believe it or not this is a very common question about a very uncommon situation. Scratched glass is weak glass (watch a glazer cut a piece of glass and you will see what a scratch does to the rigidity of glass). Add to that the fact that while the majority of all repaired glass will not break during the repair there are always those pieces that for some reason known or unknown will break. We try to help you identify those before starting the job by telling you to inspect the glazing, avoid working on panes that have cracks or other failures in them and so on. What you are selling your customers is a cheaper restoration than replacement. If a pane that is scratched would cost $1000 to replace and you offer to restore it for $300, the $700 difference is the selling point. Depending on the customers risk tolerance and the severity of the scratch you will either close the job or not. Obviously someone with a swastika scratched into their store front will be more motivated to repair than a home owner with a little FD damage on a side window, but that too is more of a sales approach question.

In general the way our users approach this issue with their customers is to say something along these lines:

“In the rare case that a pane is broken during the repair process, you will not be charged for any of the labor or materials used to attempt the repair. As no two panes are identical and there may be unseen flaws or issues with the glazing or glass integrity we can not guarantee that the pane will not break however fewer than 1% of all repaired glass breaks during the restoration process.”

This allows you to inform the customer of the risk, but also let them make the decision if the value of the savings out weighs the potential for breakage.

Hope this answers your question.