Screen Cleaning included in price or seperate?

I use an electric model around 1500 to 1700psi. It does a good job, however you must make sure you don’t miss any spots or it will show up when they dry.
Thanks

[QUOTE=Advanced;116449]For 99.9% of screens that we clean all we do is take our strip washer with your window cleaning solution on it and scrub them off both sides. Then (if outside tape them with your towel to Tap off most of the water) wipe them clean with your towel. You’ll burn through towels pretty quickly, but this way works great. I’ve had customers look at me and say “is that all you do to make them that clean?!”.
Ya know, I’ve never had any luck doing that because A) My water gets too dirty to clean the windows B) all the debris (cottonwood, leaves, etc.) end up on the floor and then I have to make time to clean THAT up. Unless of course you take them outside and use the strip washer.
Thanks
Jeff

[quote="“fuffy,post:22,topic:11846”]

I clean all screens outside. First story screens are typically staged outside the window from which they were removed to eliminate the risk of leaving dirt and debris inside.

Change your water when needed. Typically, I clean inside first, clean screens (with same solution as a base if not using Screen Magic), change solution, and clean outside.

Since we came out with the concentrate it has brought the price per screen way down so you should be able to use it on every screen. Buy the way, in case you have not heard we recently released the 2 gallon concentrate for those of you that don’t want to commit to the 5 gallon just yet.

Screen Magic still cleans the metal screens, they just doesn’t pop like on the vinyl screens.

But for the regular screens, with the concentrate pricing, just the time savings of scrubbing the screens alone should put you way ahead of the game, but if you can up sell it… “winning”!

Sounds like a great idea, shame they do not have the 2 gallon on here … any chance of getting some in?

I give them a price for the job. It always includes cleaning the screens. I [B]will not [/B]put a dirty screen on a clean window. Remove screen, clean with “All small and mighty”, rinse, allow to dry and replace. Inside or outside screens. $5 a screen. I only discuss the screens if they ask. I have had two jobs in 25 years that cleaned their own screens to save money.

I had one Saturday – 134 screens that the customer cleaned themselves (as they did my previous service) with a small electric PW’er. They came out great!

Holy Crap, look at all you guys that clean screens! Oh man…

I just ordered the 2 gallon concentrate this afternoon. Its available.

edit: just checked the store and its missing now. It is in my order history though -so I know I purchased it.

Dust them and wape down the frames is free deep cleaning is extra

We will dust off the screens with the window cleaning. If the customer wants them cleaned right we use screen magic and charge more.

Jared Beesley
Lakeview Window Cleaning

Myself as many others I see, charge separate for screens because that’s not a window though part of the frame set but a separate piece of the unit.
I usually give them two bids, one for in and out and then one for out only.
That way, they have a choice and I noticed that people like to have the choices and seems to work great for me. :slight_smile:

I do the same. If I give them one price that includes screens they compare my price for everything with my competitions price for glass only and go with him. When I seperate the prices they can see that he is not cheaper after all. I guess he doesn’t like cleaning screens.

I find that with some people the screens are almost more important to be cleaned then the windows. I tell people we clean the screens which means some are washed, others brushed depending on how dirty they are or if they are about to fall apart. Got a job the other day because the lady said the other wc just brushed the screens off didn’t wash them. I told her “of course I’ll wash them” to me it just goes to show you people are watching and make sure they know what they are gettting

It depends, but I think many cleaning services charge separately for the screen cleaning.

I include a cleaning with my regular solution and a soft brush. Then wipe the frames, tap off the soap and towel or air dry. I want to but the eagle screen cleaning machine. If I do, I’ll change to a small charge to help offset the cost. That’s not high on the priority list though.

I always explain that its a basic screening that is free and i explain it as a ‘dry method’. I find people are more intense when it comes to their tracks being swept and vacuumed.

A few weeks ago a lady swore to me that her screens “smelled” because of the dirt. So i had to use water to clean them which is more timely.

I think i am going to try out that screen magic and see how the customers respond to it.

I always give a separate price for screens. I find that a simple brush or “mop down” won’t do. To really make them look nice, you have to spend some time detailing. And by detailing I mean frames, corners, and mesh. Usually $1-$2 a screen.

And I have 25.6 oz of screen magic concentrate sitting in front of me, has been for months. I need to try it out!

1 Like

I have always just added the cost of cleaning the screens in with the exterior price. If the screens are in bad shape I let them know and don’t clean them. It’s surprising how many screens are in terrible shape in the desert.
I wash the screens then use super thick on the screens (like screen amgic just 1/4 the $). I have been charging $2 a screen but I can wash 2 panes in that time for $6 and wonder why am I wasting time on a screen, many of which are in bad shape? I am going to raise the price of screens with treatment in May.