Screens-Rinse after wash or Towel Dry after wash

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]When you wash screens do you rinse the soap off with a hose or towel dry them with a terry cloth towel?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]PS[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I own a training Video that teaches to wipe dry with terry cloth towel after tapping water off with a huck towel.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I’m concerned about detergent residue getting on the glass later on when it rains.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I use the wash and towel dry method.

We rinse after wash. Then tap dry if the screen is in good condition. If not it will either be set aside to dry when cleaning the windows or dried with a towel.

What a surprise, rinsing with a hose is winning…
Some people just [B]love[/B] spraying water!
(only teasing.)

I wipe 'em down with a sponge, and tap dry.
And maybe towel the excess water.

I do the sponge…tap dry also.
I am going to try the Tide w/ Bleach Alt. This year after reading many great posts about it. for those That use it, can you tell me your procedure as far as applying/drying.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I dilute tide w bleach alternative 50/50 with water and put it in a GG4 float bottle. Then I can quickly measure how much I need. It flows better in the bottle if it has been diluted with water.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I add it to a bucket of window cleaning solution, GG4. Right now I’m using ½ oz. per 2 gallon bucket. I think I should be using less. This bucket is used on screens only.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I scrub both sides of the screen with an old worn out 10 inch strip washer.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I detail the frame with a wet terry cloth face cloth.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Give the screen a few smacks with a huck towel to knock 90% of the water off. (this is easier on the screen than hitting it on the ground.) [/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Verdana]Then I wipe down both sides of the screen and frames with a damp terry cloth towel.[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Then I hope that a window cleaner that likes to hose them down isn’t watching me. :wink:

Scrub then towel dry. I haven’t tried the Tide solution yet but I may this year and see how it compares. I may also switch to sponge dry to save on terry towel usage.

I use the Tide w/ bleach alternative and we always rinse after cleaning so as to make sure there is no residue transfer when it rains. If the screen isn’t dry when it’s time to replace them we dry them w/ hucks or scrim.

We do not use any soap. We use our pressure washer at a low setting. Takes about 10 minutes to clean and then let air dry. If were cleaning screens on an account we clean the screens first, by the time were done with the window cleaning the screens are bone dry and very clean.

Nice logo Manny!

I use Tide w/ bleach alt. Scrub on with a hogs hair brush, rinse off with hose, then set aside in the shade while we clean the windows. If they are not completly dry after the windows are done we wipe them down with a huck.

I used to clean with my w/c solution, but tried the tide and it cleans alot better. I never had any one tell me how impressed they were with the screens while cleaning with the w/c solution, but have had several comments after started useing the tide.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I used to clean carpets with a high powered truck mounted unit. The heat was 220 degrees and the pressure was very high. The kind of soap we used made a very big difference in how the rugs came out. I think adding soap to your screen cleaning system will be very noticeable. Just MHO.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Some window cleaners actually use Formula 90 made by Chemspec for cleaning carpets for their screen cleaning soap. It’s supposed to be awesome. Now people are saying that the Tide with bleach alternative is even better. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I still have some Formula 90 but the Tide is better.

Thanks Tony. And they sell the Tide at the super market, how easy is that. :slight_smile:

And at Costco and Home Depot.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I was hopping that someone would be able to say definitively that a little bit of soap residue left on the screens would or would not spot the windows when it rains. I don’t think any of us know the answer for sure. So… I think I will run a test. :cool:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I’ll wash my patio sliding door screen with Tide with bleach alternative. Rinse one half with water but only towel the other half. Clean the glass. After everything is dry I’ll give the screen an artificial rain storm with a trigger sprayer of DI water. Maybe only one half of the door will spot maybe not. :rolleyes:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sounds like a cool experiment. I’m interested in the results, Let us know.

I know that if you use something like Winsol screen clean and put it on to heavy the rain can cause a residue transfer. Winsol is scrubbed on and left to dry w/ no rinsing.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thank you Tony!!![/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]That is precisely why I am concerned. :cool:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Definately NEEDS to be rinsed!!! You said you cleaned carpets before, you should know. I started this whole thing based on a different solution, someone I shared it with, ( i got them into carpet cleaning) and introduced them to emulsifiers, (emusifiers are rinse agents) thought the Heatwave worked just as good… I never thought it did. I tried and tested quite a few solutions, til I had it down to one. When I 1st saw it showing up on the bb’s, the formula 90 was the suggested soap.

I use a 5 in 1 sprayer and use the “fan” setting. do it right and little to no water beads left on the material.

Hope this helps…

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Lance,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Thank so much!!! That sounds awesome. I want to be able to move around the house and clean the screens as I get to each window, because I flip them out the window onto the lawn from inside the house, a controversial practice to some of us. So I can’t rinse them easily with a garden hose. A sprayer sounds great, problem solved! :D[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]What exactly is a 5 in 1 sprayer?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I apologize for confusing you with Larry on another thread. Really I’m sorry. ;)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Great avatar….Tombstone the greatest western ever made!!![/FONT][/COLOR]