Scrim problem

Thanks Karl, Maybe I will ring it out in a bucket and let it air dry. I am willing to give it a second chance.

Slightly damp was the key for getting me to enjoy using it.

Hucks are there WHEN I need them, no preheating the oven, no if, ands, or buts. :cool:

The only times that I seem to have a problem is when there is still residue on the window like cooking grease, windex, or some one has used 1 oz of Dawn per gal of water previously and/or I have used the Scrim as an everything cloth and I have let it get too dirty before dunking it and wringing it out. This is just theory, not scientific data.

Dale

Hucks are good as well, I have a pile of them.

Linen is supposed to dry very quickly. I wash my 3 scrim at the end of the day (just throw it in the washing machine with [B]no soap[/B]) and I hang them up in the house). They are always dry by morning. Drives my wife crazy, but it works. I haven’t had any issues with smearing.

Yea, drives my wife crazy as well. I have tan scrim, blue and yellow hucks, light green and yellow microfiber. orange and yellow shammies. I think they look artistic and don’t understand the problem with hanging them on shower and curtain rods and the backs of chairs. I mean nobody is sitting there anyway. I don’t hang up my PVA, but that’s a nice blue color. What’s the big deal?
Dale

The verdict is in the damp scrim wins, I tried it out today and was amazed I can’t believe I was using it dry. My only issue was it dried out to fast on me and I had to re-wet it no big deal, but it really is the **** when it’s damp.

Try keeping it in a pouch instead of hanging on your shoulder or a ring, it helps to keep it damp.
Dale

[COLOR=#333333]Yea, drives my wife crazy as well. I have tan scrim, blue and yellow hucks, light green and yellow [/COLOR]microfiber[COLOR=#333333]. orange and yellow shammies. I think they look artistic and don’t understand the problem with hanging them on shower and curtain rods and the backs of chairs. I mean nobody is sitting there anyway. I don’t hang up my PVA, but that’s a nice blue color. What’s the big deal?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]Dale[/COLOR]

You crack me up, Dale:D. Honestly, I need a heated garage. I don’t want to get divorced because I am turning half of my house into a janitorial closet haha :slight_smile:

Thanks for the input. Although I love using my scrim dry, I’m going to have to try this tomorrow.

Truth be known Jesse, I use a short rinse and high speed spin cycle then take my cloths out to the truck and just hang them any place I can inside the cap. If they are not dry in the morning I have others to use and they will dry during the day. Only in freezing weather do I hang them in the house, and hear about it. I am a one man operation and still only part time so I don’t have that many. However if you use a high speed spin they are almost dry already, the scrim are good to go and you could hang the rest in the garage.
Be happy, Dale

Remember the key is damp not wet.

good idea , I use a ring but I do have a pouch I could use

I’m not trying to be funny, but is scrim supposed to smell like fryer grease?

hehe, your supposed to use it for detailing not sniffin :slight_smile:

You do not get that problem with these. I think Chris and Alex will be stocking them soon :slight_smile:

Blue cloths demonstrated by Lee Burbidge - YouTube

[COLOR=#333333][INDENT]You do not get that problem with these. I think Chris and Alex will be stocking them soon :slight_smile:

Blue cloths demonstrated by Lee Burbidge - YouTube[/INDENT]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]I was using a really cool synthetic cloth awhile ago. It was a camp towel from REI. It was like a synthetic chamois - very absorbent and completely lint free. It didn’t turn rubbery like a PVA towel either. It was thinner and completely non-rubbery. It could absorb all day and never get very wet because it evaporated so fast.[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]
[LIST]
[*]
However, it didn’t have the scrubbing texture that a scrim has. It was great at absorbing, but not as good and removing any little spots that you left behind. What I like about the scrim is that it has almost completely eliminated my need for using white pads for most windows. I just use my microtiger sleeve to scrub, squeegee it, and then touch up any spots with my scrim
[/LIST]

I wonder how good the blue cloths are at scrubbing?

[LIST]
[*]
[/LIST]
[/COLOR]

Fan-Man…

Try it damp…Ooooooooh yeah SWEET !!!

//youtu.be/G8tUNjyTpXQ

Late !!! Oooooooh well…enjoy the vid !

The Dange