Seattle -vs- Pittsburg

Just did an estimate for a new owner in the burbs of of the metro area. She kinda received a sticker shock after I gave her the estimate. She told that in Pittsburg she could have a windows cleaned for $13
Being the professional that I am, I didn’t laugh in her face and kept selling. In the back of my mind I wondered in what year is Pittsburg living in?

Josh
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Josh,

Are you saying 13$ for the whole house in Pittsburgh ? How big was her Seattle house ? Or is she saying 13$ per plate of glass in Pittsburgh ?

If it was 13 for the whole kit and kabudal, well then it must of been her way of angling…And I don’t mean Phishing

Usually people here moved in from higher priced areas so they get reverse sticker shock which gives me “money left on the table shock.” I hate it.

@Dave
She said for the whole house. I didn’t see a reason to ask in and out?
I found it hard to believe.
This was a 3000sqft + in the issaquah islands.

Josh

1 Like

You handled it like a true professional. I try hard to end the conversation quickly and move on to paying clients. Your story beats the one I had of a lady that had a high school kid clean her 3000 sq. ft home for $80:)

I usually just warn the homeowner about hiring someone without insurance and the risk they are taking. After that I may usually say something along the lines as “you get what you pay for”. Time is money, so I usually don’t waste too much of my time with these knuckleheads:)

1 Like

Issaquah…One of the worst traffic jam areas, and some the elitist thinking people in the PNW !

Dangerous

Why not take the $13, show up, grab her garden hose and rinse off the windows in the front of the house and leave? Don’t even put away the garden hose. Tell her that is 13 dollars worth. lol

Of course I’m kidding

But it would be funny…

Steve,

I had a homeowner tell me that her previous window cleaner could’t reach a window that was 24 ft. high so he took the garden hose to it. I was so mad that I set up my ladder right in front of her eyes and got the job immediately. Easy peasy 2 hour job outsides only for $200:)

I think I remember Seattle 10 Pittsburgh 21. The Super Bowl parade was great. I was there.
:slight_smile:

Where you partying with the refs who blew that game? lol

Got the job.

Josh

Way to go!!!

Yeah, couldn’t go any lower than $15
:slight_smile:

Josh