Should I purchase another truck right now?

O.K. Here is the long and the short of it. I can buy a white 2006 Toyota Tacoma for $10,995 right now. Its a regular cab, short bed, A/C and automatic. It has 45k as far as miles and is Toyota certified which means it comes with a 6year 100k mile warranty. The perfect work truck. It is a great buying opportunity in my opinion.

On the other side, I don’t need the truck right now, but I will in about 3 to 4 months. Also, money is tight right now and I already have 2 truck payments, (1 work truck and 1 personal truck). I worked it out and it will be tough for a few months but I think I can swing the payment and insurance for the short term.

If I buy now, it will be tough for a few months. If I wait and pass it up, I will be kicking myself for passing up on a good deal on a good work truck.

What would you do?

Vehciles are not selling well. I’d wait.

But I have an 03 dodge with 160k miles I maintain.

my .02

I think I would wait to. Who knows it may still be there when your ready.

I think that the automobile industry is going to take almost as much time to be repaired as the housing/banking industry is. Even though you’re looking at a pre-owned truck, the pool of choices will be as deep if not deeper when you need the truck, not just want it. What happens if you buy it, then God-forbid you or one of your employees is injured, and you now have three truck payments and less income? Just my $0.02.

that seems high, in so cal you can get a brand new 2009 toyota for $10,000.00 out the door after you wheel and deal.

that is tax and dmv fees included.

If you would like for me to help you get a deal, you know where to find me.

Thats so cheap - you can’t even get a small car for that here!

Toyota is the only kind of truck I will drive. I love them. I would say do all of your homework, i.e., Is it really cheap? Bluebook values? Current market? Your present finances…etc.

My best advice is to buy Toyota if you are in the truck market. I have a Tundra and it is my third one. Best vehicles I have ever owned.

REALLY? I’m looking to get a tacoma pretty soon.

Also a important decision is the regular cab…make sure thats big enough…now and in the future…the extended may not be much more

Yeah thanks guys. It is a good deal. Yes the market is soft right now but toyota’s still hold their value. Comparable used ones are going for about 14k right now. Brand new ones, the best I’ve seen is 14,995 after all rebates and discounts. Thanks for giving me different perspectives. There is an old proverb that says “there is wisdom in the multitude of counselors”. I’m getting some wise advise here.

Bring me with Doug, i am am an expert at getting great deals at the dealership

I got a 2007 tundra brand new out the door for 20K…

Wow, I got less than half that many miles on my 03 Dakota. But I also have 4 vehicles. I love my Dodge!

I already gave you my thoughts, Damian. Do tell us when you do get a new ride.

Sweeeeet, I’ll give you a call as soon as my current lease is up (march). Thats a sick house on your Avatar by the way!

Wait and try and buy an american made truck.

american made sucks, plus they always break down

For what it is worth… i have learned some valuable lessons over the past few years when it comes to buying vehicles. There is no need to act in haste if it is not something you need right Now. There will always be other Killer deals!
No one can make the decision for you, but you are getting a multitude of counselors suggesting that maybe it is better to wait. I know of the wisdom of the proverb you suggested, and that is where i seek my counsel also.
You say you already have two truck payments, do you want the stress of a third if you don’t need it now. You really don’t know what will happen over the next few months.

Please tell me it’s a base v6… i hope.

yepppppppppppp

Out of curiosity, what kinda gas mileage do you get with the v6?

i have a 20 gallon tank i think and i get like 330 miles from the tank…