SILICONE: Has anyone tried using a silicon squeegee blade?

I do a combination of Polz & Waggas dogearing. Polz 45 angle for clearing all wide frames + the gentle bend towards the rubber to firm up the ends of the rubber. This allows the squeegee blade to remove water right to the edge of the frame thereby negating most detailing. Wagga’s split and slight deforming down takes the firming one step further by moving the channel corner closer to the base of the rubber. Ideally the channel would be manufactured in this shape so that the splitting was not required…obviously a challenge if extruded in 20metre lengths…1 Ton? What length is that of goodness sake?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14670[/ATTACH]

…obviously a challenge if extruded in 20metre lengths…1 Ton? What length is that of goodness sake?[/QUOTE]

That’s for REALLY big windows.

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

An FOC pivotal pole squeegee is the first project - we have the pivotal brush molds under way now … It makes sense to add a blade fitting option.

We are not looking to enter the mainstream squeegee market - just to meet the niche ‘tool-on-a-pole’ market.

That’s why I can think a little crazy and see if it sparks an idea from one of you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

A Swivel-iT

We have a rinse bar solution - put jets where you want, the size you want pointing in the direction you want.

Can you get me POLZ’ details, or send him mine …

perry@water-fed-window-cleaning.com

Tell me more!!!

I would love to be able to use my brush with a rinse bar.

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

Only way I know to contact him is via his YouTube channel.

Jesse
Atlas Window Cleaning
North Carolina

[MENTION=378]Perry Tait[/MENTION] here is a link to Polzn Bladz you tube channel, the video is worth your time to view in it entirety.(enjoy it on one of your long train rides)

If you do want to design a high quality channel you guys to speak , his tools are well thought out and field tested.

Good luck!

Perry, he’s got a g+ account

Sent from my SM-G860P using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

We’ve been in contact - all power to him!

He is a gracious guy !

I just stumbled onto this product which uses a silicone rubber.

Has anyone else seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Seems he can’t close out the bottom of that window without dripping.

Silicone rubber i have used in the past wore out extremely easily, the 50 feet sorbo silicone rubber is designed to to be used in the monster long channels and used in conjunction with the docker. I have used a red roll in the past and had the same problem where the edge would dull very very quickly.
Hopefully someone has sorted this problem out since Ii last used it because it works better than natural rubber to start with, but does not last.