Small houses

i did work for realtor recently and after they passed on the bill they asked “why was it $580?” i said “because the house had as many windows as 5 small houses”

3 Likes

I agree screens, storms and tracks are very time consuming.

Take those out of the equation and you can fly through homes.

If you charge correctly for the most the time consuming items some customers say “Oh I guess I really don’t need that done”… :wink:

2 Likes

I have found that most times once you break the $500 barrier people get sticker shock. They don’t realize how much work is involved. Once you explain that it will take longer than 15 minutes to clean the windows, they kinda understand. :grinning:

People generally do not like having flyers or cards put on their vehicle. If the mailbox is up by the door, hang it on the door; if the mailbox is by the gate of the fence, hang it on the fence.

Wow! So much great input. Very helpful. Thank you all.

How much liability is involved with taking out screens and cleaning them? How often do you find yourself fixing or replacing a bent or broken screen?

You can pretty easily tell if a screen is weather beaten or the corners are frail and brittle. Point that out to the homeowner that you aren’t responsible for weather beaten and frail screens then use that as an opportunity for an up sell to repair it for them.

1 Like

Fair amount. In addition, watch the corners of the screens themselves as you’re washing. They double as nifty little razor blades just waiting to slice a fellow screen.

Cut a couple screens and you are out 50 or 60 bucks plus the time.

Pretty much like @Garry said you can tell if a screen frame (corners and screen is weather beaten) it’s an simple upsell in most cases.

Get this tool to remove screens.

https://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/skreen-out-screen-tool.html

Remember price screen cleaning correctly :wink: they can be time consuming.

1 Like

It seems like there are a ton of little ways to make and extra dollar in this business. Has anyone ever though of buying these and trying to upsell shutter rejuvenation?

Lol I can’t seem to find out how to paste a pic in here

Time is money; $1.66 per minute to run your business.
Screen clean; minute and three quarters x rate = $2.905,
(1.75 min. x $1.66 per min., round up to $3.00).

1 Like

True, it is a door to other opportunities. Once you are in a person’s home, you could offer endless services - closet organization, assembling of furniture, carpet cleaning, fridge cleanout, aquarium cleans, plant watering…

I’m slightly exaggerating, but not much. If ppl don’t want to do it, there is an opportunity.

If you want to set yourself apart, perhaps investigating hard water stain removal (windows, shower doors, etc), and/or scratch removal, window tinting, may be a natural fit.

1 Like

To add to this, @Garry’s example accounts only for clean time. There is also removal and reinstall. @HE_MAN please invent the Skreen IN my friend. Nothing is worse than working by yourself and that last screen just. Will. Not. Go. In.

Your feet may end up soaked at first until you work it out, plus, how will you make sure they are dry before putting back?

Oh, and it is back breaking work without the right setup, like the Aztec.

You may find it useful to add 2-3 hours to the job if screen cleanings are involved, depending on circumstances. No joke.

Learning how to fix scratched glass would be great to learn

Speacilize in one or two things. Be good at them.

Then you won’t have to look so hard for work. It’ll find you.

You can use the skreen out tool to put those super tight screens back in! Just saying

Glassrenu is a great system. Cody is a terrific guy to talk to. Search Glassrenu on Youtube.
Buy the Angle grinder locally.

Video please. :wink:

But seriously, does it work if I am reinstalling from inside the house?

Thats right up my alley!