Small vacuum for nasty tracks?

Great thread!
Very helpful.

1 Like

Amazing post and very helping.Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Bump…but interesting topic. I like canister vacs. A pain to lug around, but I like the suction and they hold a ton of dirt. The last one I bought for 3, yes, 3 bucks at a thrift store, power head and all. Then, I found a one gallon mini shop vac for five bucks at a yard sale. I removed the 3 foot cord and put on a 25’ orange extension cord. Really loud! Then I have a couple big shop vacs that I seldom use. I buy them used and clean them to perfect. I’m a vac nut. Probably have 10 or more. In a home they really make for pro results. Shhh! It’s a trade secret… :smirk:

Best price and works great!

Product description

Product Description

With the black decker HFVB320J27 lithium flex 2Ah hand vacuum you can count on long-lasting, strong portable suction powered by a lightweight lithium battery. This vacuum allows you to quickly tackle clean-ups high and low with compact power in your hand - without lugging out your full-size vacuum. This unit can handle quick pick ups on hard floors and carpet with plenty of suction from the high-performance motor (17 air watts). it easily reaches high, low and tight spots thanks to the 4 ft. Flexible hose. Maintenance is a breeze thanks to easy-off washable bowl and filters, and you can see in a glance when its time to empty the translucent dirt bowl. With this vacuum you can quickly de-fur upholstery with the rotating pet hair brush, or thoroughly clean narrow spaces and tight corners with the crevice tool. Dirt stays in the vacuum, not in your home, thanks to thorough Three-Stage filtering. For easy surface dusting, just use the flip-up dusting brush. Includes: (1) flex vacuum, (1) Jack plug charger, (1) 2-in-1 nozzle/flip-up brush, (1) crevice tool, (1) bdh200fvph pet hair brush, (1) PVF110 washable filter, (1) washable plastic Pre-Filter, (1) clip-on accessory caddy.

Brand Story

Any good on muddy tracks? HD has a great deal on this right now, looking to upgrade from current vac.

Suction is excellent and the attachments it comes with are great. It is not a wet-vac however. Our process is usually: brush track to loosen dirt, then vacuum loosened dirt before wetting anything. This method has always worked great for us.

I was using a 14.4v dustbuster but the battery only lasts about 10 minutes, so we bought this, with the optional cord.

I also bought a 6ah battery so it lasts several days per charge. It’s a bit large and clunky though, tempted to get this, even though it lacks a cord.

I use the same Dewalt vac

I found a small vac is only good for crank casement windows with a brush attachment. The vac picks up the dust and webs there fine, especially around the inner wood/pvc frame on cranks. But 9 times out of 10 the dirt is so thick in normal regular window tracks you have to soap/scrub/flood it out.

In that case you can take a small, stiff brush and loosen the dirt, or use a narrower 5-way to break it up first, then vacuum.

1 Like

Bought this guy last week. Mainly because we have Bosch batteries already. Works well, wife seems happy. Going to get 6ah battery soon.

It’s wet/dry, which is great for Florida tracks

Yes. This is the one I use. Its battery powered. I have an extra battery so whenever I use it I plug in the other battery so I am always charged it’s nice to have on the truck. I seem to use it even for other things since I have it.

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/34D626?gclid=CjwKCAjwpeXeBRA6EiwAyoJPKn9iFjJ6XTgCBh6imxsQbqolbxq2FAoMa3SVVGzOe_tvKfwQzXVlphoCAZ0QAvD_BwE&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=CjwKCAjwpeXeBRA6EiwAyoJPKn9iFjJ6XTgCBh6imxsQbqolbxq2FAoMa3SVVGzOe_tvKfwQzXVlphoCAZ0QAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!50916698157!!!g!102360660837!

So I thought I would bump this topic as I have found a new awesome vacuum I am in love with :stuck_out_tongue:

It is so damn light has as much power as it needs to have, lasts like 3 days doing like 80-90 pane jobs each day… my old thing lasted 1 house before it needed a 12 hour charge. I have it on my belt i put it in this:

I have the tough built belt which is like a millions times better than the unger ergo tec belt, I have a bottle pouch and an other pouch while holds my track brush, screen tool and other things. and they all just clip on and off the belt. here is the belt:
https://toughbuilt.com/product/padded-belt-heavy-duty-buckle

It has really streamlined my process and added comfort where the unger belt just was irritating.

Oh wow I was trying to originally link the sites where i purchased them from, but they wouldn’t load, when I was able to find the USA links the prices are like double the Australian prices…?

1 Like

I use a Makita 18V handheld. I can’t say I’m super impressed with it but it does get the job done. I already had a bunch of Makita Tools from a previous job so it made sense since I have the 5AMP batteries.

I will say I am impressed with these brushes: Amazon.com

They are great at getting into the nooks of the truck and busting up the dirt. Also great for dusting corners of windows as well. You can search Auto Detailing Brush on Amazon and see a bunch of different versions.