Small window efficiency

True Divided Lights (or “Lites”, depending on who you ask :man_shrugging:)

Haha sorry I still have no idea what that is?

@KiwiClean

Each pane is individual, as opposed to internal grids between the two pieces of glass of a double hung.

Sometimes called french panes

2 Likes

You like the multiple squeegee?

I’ve never seen anyone use one. Maybe there’s a video.

That was in theory - I haven’t used one yet - I have it on backorder at WCR

Hi, I enjoyed reading your posts, and wondering the size of channel you would use on a 6"x6" pane.

Is there a rule of thumb? Should the channel be half the width of the pane for fanning?

Yes…just over half the width, like in that case 3.5"- 4" would be perfect, I would use facelift razor red rubber and a brass or stainless channel with a moerman ergo handle ideally but whatever you have should work fine. Also I prefer mrs. Meyers dish soap for the incredible slip and it doesnt leave as much film on the glass as others, but dawn dish soap works ok too. Dog earing your channels works for some but isn’t extremely necessary if you dont chose to. Angle cutting your channel ends helps too with small panes as well( like the moerman liquidator 2.0 channel style).
Good luck and I pray that soon you will enjoy the fine art of french panes (tdl’s) as much as I do! God bless you in all your endeavors my friend!

4 Likes