So far unremovable filmy substance on glass not coming off

I should clarify… it won’t take [U]you[/U] that long, I was ranting.
You should be able to buff out a window by hand in a couple minutes, depending on size.

Ok. Thanks. I will.

Yesterday I tried:

Bronze Wool (rubbed on glass dry)
Fire
Hand cleaner with pumice
TSP

She said the flame and the bronze wool worked. I have new bronze wool pads on order from WCR and will try it more thoroughly when it comes.

I GOT IT!!!

The bronze wool pad from WCR was the ticket. Basically no chemical put down wet scrubbed with wool worked. Only the bronze worked and that dry. I basically went over each pane 3x in 2 directions plus a swirl. This didn’t take long and the lady says her windows are in perfect shape now.

It’s simply dumbfounding to think that my towels picked up something at the laundry mat and transported them to glass making them sooo difficult to clean. I actually cleaned the house 4x including the initial cleaning. The last time she did give me 2 fresh baked Peanut Butter cookies. She’s a good customer. Knowing that this gal is very particular about everything in her house she was very, very patient with me the whole time.

Anyhow, I’m glad it’s over and that I still have my customer who gives me referrals.

Good job on the follow through, excellent but I’d just squeegee the windows from now on if I was you.

The problem with it in the old days was that it caused the wild boar bristles to come out.

Wow, I just read over this entire thread, sounds like quite an ordeal you had. Glad to see you got it taken care of.

Good for YOU!!! This made me smile.

It may have been a pain in the ass but you got it done, congrats!

My goodness… I read this entire thing and it just sounds like a nightmare. I cannot possibly think of why that happened. Bronze/steel wool is always my go to for weird filmy stuff and it has never let me down.

On a side note, When we living in a house with no Washer and dryer, I cleaned my towels at the Laundromat all the time, with no problems. However, My wife has added a ton of soap and Fab softener to a load of towels, which screwed them up pretty bad. They did not leave a semi-permanent film on the windows, though.

Glad for you that it’s over with.