Some questions regarding doing residential without WFP

I love wfp, I bought a reach-it mini 2 with an xt and it does take some getting used to. First few jobs I was honestly very disappointed but I realized it was all my technique. The things I HAD to make sure to do were: SCRUB THE TOP!! If you’re washing the flashing and frame, make sure you scrub them and rinse them first because if one dirty drop of water falls on the window after you’ve cleaned it, it’s ruined. One tip I read was to wash the top of all frames, then come back around and do the glass once the frames have dripped and dried. ANOTHER tip is to scrub it a lot if you have to, don’t be lazy. Many times I thought I’ve completed a house in 45 minutes to go inside and see they really aren’t clean. Assess your windows first to know how hard you will have to scrub them. Perry explains all this in his videos.

Oh, those tough stuck on parts… you can modify your brush to have some brass/steel wool on the other side that can scrub that stuff off, just turn the pole, scrub, then get back to using the brush. WFP’s are great IF you know how to use them!

ONE LAST THING! The WFP works great on siding, I’ve washed it on a few houses. Just make sure it’s not too high or your arms will be falling off in 10 mins.

^^^^^ Scrub the top!!

I hated them at where I used to work, but since getting my own I love it. I use it on all residential and most commercial. I did a CCU on a hospital last year, was a long construction time with road works behind it at the same time windows where caked in dirt It was easier to WFP the whole lot before starting to nose to glass to get all construction debris off.
I don’t ask my customers how they want it to be done, I explain to them how I do it and the benefits of the way I do it. I also guarantee a streak, spot and smear free windows or re cleaned free.
However I will not ever remove any construction debris from glass or frames for free( as in not for the price quoted. Which has been conveyed to the customer at the time of the quote). I normally inform the customer that its there and give them the option on the next clean to have it removed for $X amount extra, works out well.

I like that option Steve. I’m going to have to adopt it… Thanks for the tip. Seems like it would work out well because the second cleaning you know where all the trouble spots are. I need to post that to my forehead when I go into my next CCU.

My two cents:

I’m a 5 year WFP user.

I carry ladders for 4 reasons:

1 For high interior work
2 For homes under 20 windows
3 To use as easels for storm window cleaning
4 For decoration… legitimizes us as professional window cleaners.

We WFP literally EVERYTHING. No problems. We have modified our SOP for WFP use. I don’t train new people on ladders anymore.

Some people still think its black magic. I disagree.

Its all in the technique and how you sell it.

I’m the same way, I WFP all residential jobs unless they have storm windows.

Mike Radzik
Pro Window Cleaning
Central Massachusetts

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

Hey Steve,
I’m in Oz as well. Do you clean glass ballastrading with the WFP as well? I find the baked on bee pollen/fly poo too hard to scrub off with the pole. Needs steel wool to get a good result. Any suggestions?

Remember gravity

What do you mean gravity

Rinse the top well!!! So when it drips it drips clean water! Its very easy, just remember to extra scrub the top…

Depends on the situation I have several homes/apartments that have balustrades. With the apartments I do have they are over 3 stories off the ground and would drip on to the lower tenants which are not my customers and may complain so I do those traditionally. While with the homes I have with balustrades i do the external of them with wfp while the internal from the balcony seems easier to do traditionally than to get a ladder out to climb to the balcony with my wfp.
I do almost all internal windows traditionally(within reasonable access), I personally have never found the indoor pads all that effective on windows that have more than 6 months of dirt on them, we get quite of bit of mould around here, most times after 6-12 months the insides are dirtier than the outside.
With baked on pollen and stuff i carry around a piece of a white pad and a magic eraser.

Sorry Chesebro,
I thought you were remarking on my initial comment about the ballastrading. My bad.
Thanks Steve, I have tried with success doing the exterior of the ballastrading with WFP, but I find that if there is a lot of shit on them, more umph is needed. Maybe attaching a strip of steel wool to the back of the brush that you can flip over and scrub when needed.