Start up - Indiana

Hey guys,

Thinking about starting window cleaning business in central Indiana.
Mainly residential to start. Wouldn’t be afraid of post construction.

This spring/summer was the first time I cleaned windows and I loved it.
I became comfortable on the ladders and developed a consistent pace along with good quality.
Attention to detail is something I focus on. Everything should be as close to 100% as possible - all the time.

I have a plan of attack in place but not sure where I should set my price points.

Here is what I have put together so far for pricing:

Casements - $4
Doubles - $8
Storms - $12 to $15 haven’t decided
Patio doors - $10
Picture windows starting at $10
Skylights - $12
Segments - $1 per

Screen cleaning $1.25 per screen.
Will not clean broken screens.

Any odd shapes I would quote accordingly.

The pricing would not include cleaning tracks. Wiping sills and frames only.

I would love to hear thoughts on my proposed price points from those area/region - too low, just right, some high…?
I feel I should up the price on second and third story sets.

What would be a fair mark-up from standard pricing for post construction?

Also, I would be using steel wool on the exterior and bronze on the interiors.
Are bronze wool pads one and done like steel wool or can they be reused?
Any issues with scratching?

Looking forward to your replies.

Thank you!
-Anthony

Up your pricing some maybe 10-12 for a double hung. Include screen cleaning an sill wiping. Same for casements. 7-8
To low for storms 15-22 is ok depending on what condition type an what not.

Take off 1-2 if they don’t want screens cleaned.
Don’t itemize on your quotes
10 double Hungs @ $10 each 100
10 casements @ $8. Each. 80

Just write 10 casements 10 double Hungs screens cleaned an sills wiped down. 180.00.

Just my opinion. Do as you will :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

1 Like

Thanks for the input JMattern!

Thanks Majestic!

Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

I keep my pricing simple. 20 panes of glass - $149. Anything additional $5/pane. A double hung would count as 2 panes…large bay windows to the equivalent of what a pane in a double hung size would be. I do screens/tracks/sills for free, no questions asked. Basic hard water removal is free. If it’s horrible hard water, I charge extra, but it’s rare. All pricing is for inside and outside unless otherwise specified.

Thanks Jason! How do you go about cleaning the tracks and how long would you say it takes you to clean an average track?

To be honest, I couldn’t tell you. The last year, I’ve done outside only with my WFP, while the wife does the inside.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

Yes. My minimum for Resi is $149 in/out, with the exception being some condos that never would have enough windows to justify that.

What area are you in?

You might be pleasantly surprised.
I know I’m in a different part of PA, but I can get $15/double-hung. Not everyone will have me at that price, but plenty do. My starting price is $12 for closer locations.

Anthony, as far using steel or bronze wool, they essentially do the same job inside or out. Bronze wool won’t rust, but in my limited experience using it, I prefer steel. Many others prefer bronze.

We used steel wool and while the results are great I want to avoid the chance of rust squiggles on the interior of the house. Bronze wool is a bit more expensive though which stinks. Thanks for your input Dan!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app