Starting business with family to support?

I’d recommend getting window cleaning experience in Seattle before moving to Phoenix. This way you know how to clean when you get there and start off with a good reputation and ability to do the job. But you need to go into it like any other business. Have a plan, a marketing budget and know your target market.

Don’t worry about how many people are cleaning windows already. You can find 500 window cleaners in any metro area online. I guarantee you the majority don’t even answer the phone live or are owner operator that aren’t getting aggressive with new clients. Not only that but Phoenix is a place where a lot of people from outside of the state are moving to. They’re going to be looking for services and you can be there to fill the need.

I heard all this same stuff when I opened our 2nd location in Las Vegas and coming from California. “But there’s a lot of established companies out there. How are you going to compete with the established commercial guys that do high rise” blah blah blah. We’ve been open there for 7 months and are already hitting $8-10k per month for the last 2 months. Repeats are already calling back and we have almost $3k in monthly commercial recurring revenue.

That being said, I’ve had 6 years to figure out what works. And honestly, some of it doesn’t work in Vegas. That’s ok because we had enough of a marketing budget to lose on some of it and shift funds to what was working. If you think you can move and pay for some ad words and make it, you won’t make it long. You have to do a little bit of everything.

Just my thoughts.

6 Likes

I started my company out being laid off from a plumbing job. Did I like my plumbing job? Heck no. Did it pay the bills? Yes barley. With that said my wife and I are barely getting the bills paid and it’s been a couple months since I officially started. I had plans on starting it slowly part time then jump into it but the bills keep coming and rent needs to be paid.
It takes time to grow a successful business. And I can say that freely as I had a lawn care company in Louisiana before moving. I say all that crap just to say it is not that easy as snapping your fingers and the work appears.

2 Likes

How to get there

1 Like

When ready to commit, go to WindowWashingWealth.com and then call me. I’ll help get you on your way. Phoenix makes for a fantastic market! I started at 19 and again at 32. Anyone can do this and be wildly successful if committed and follow some guidelines to get there - marketing, fundamentals, action plan with goals, etc. Good Luck!

thats kind of funny first statement i read on your link was only those that follow you pull six figures

Simply a headline designed to capture attention. And it does. And I’m VERY confident in what I do. But read the entire letter and get a glimpse of what most window cleaners do not. There are so many things most don’t do when building their business because they are more tech mentality versus business owner mentality. Not an easy transition. A few simple changes in approach however makes all the difference in 5 figure or deep six figure incomes. I just help window cleaners get there.

good idea or bad that is up to your determination, planning and execution.

Assuming you make the move what could put you in a better position?

Skills - clean glass locally, myself and everyone needs help this time of year
Educate - market/competitor research
Marketing - get your website/SEO going, any leads for networking start now
Finances - drop the coffee, appetizers and dates now

Go for it.

2 Likes

do-thing-differently2-300x197

1 Like

I was going to jump in full time. I choose to keep my job and work on the weekends. I have over 45 customers at the moment have just over $1000 planned for tomorrow/Sunday. I do not have the financial pressure because my job. It seems that for that reason and not seeming desperate the calls keep on coming in.

Seems like you are comfortable and can make the plunge at any time.

Since we cannot see what is going on inside of our bodies (NOBODY would smoke if we could!) the adverse health risks of working all of the time hit us one day unexpectedly. Next thing you know - triple by-pass surgery. Perhaps do both jobs part-time?

6+ days every week?