Starting out

Gday guys! Awesome forum you have here and keen to partake!

Im thinking of starting a window cleaning business in southwest australia mainly residential as we cop a lot of sea spray and such and was keen on finding out what equipment youd recommend for beginners.

Appriciate the feedback guys!!

B Veitch

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Searching older threads you will see many folks have sought similar guidance starting out. Here is one of my answers to a recent query

There are many more worthwhile opinions to gather before you spend a buck. Keep searching and happy hunting. :+1:

2 Likes

Wow thats excellent Sam thanks for the input!! Much appriciated!

2 Likes

Hello Brendon and welcome to the forum!

My recommendation is to start out with the highest quality equipment that you can afford. Many good posts here about starter packages.

Are you considering any related services?

im just starting out myself. And the people on this forum have been nothing but helpful. They have seemed to weed out all the bad seeds. Welcome to the WCR forum. Soak it all in

1 Like

I also recommend you check out this video on starter kits from WCR and subscribe to @luke3636 on YouTube

5 Likes

Learn to wfp all the outside and It will be much easier then leaning with ladders!

2 Likes

Welcome to the group @Veitch1993 I suggest reading everything here grab a set of tools and get out and do it. Don’t think tooooo long cause that is what stalls many people from starting. Hit the newbie area and read and double read and even then read them some more.

Check out our resident youtubers @luke3636 (aka LUKE THE WINDOW CLEANER) and his better half Reanna @K1ttenpantz https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYgIUkKO4SqaayMM4sU-ovg those videos will help a ton they also have a weekly show tune in.
Also @marcuswindows https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRgVIx1u2A7VmSwvIfQYWaQ he has been posting reviews and insights that will come in handy

As for tools wow so many good ones it can be a headache trying to figure out. The link posted above is a great start. Me I use the tried and true Ettore cause I feel comfortable with them. Try some out first chance you get till you find the one you like.

And last practice even when you think you are ready keep practicing .

Good luck and if you need some help ask people here are very helpful

4 Likes

Oh yeah one more thing, don’t get a liquidator for your first squeegee. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Why not? Lol

Learning off OG tools makes you able to work with any tool. Just like with anything in life.

2 Likes

Thanks man !

1 Like

Hey there if you need anything feel free to ask us on our videos or on here :wink:

1 Like

Exactly. @JWilliams What happens if your tools get lost or stolen? Happens to lots of people every day. Can you work with HD Unger tools for a week until your next order ships in? If you never learn with regular stuff you’ll be like a heroin addict quitting cold turkey when your special tools go missing.

3 Likes

In all honesty I was joking. But I understand what you’re saying. And until Marcus send me the ninja I was using home depot unger tools. Lol

2 Likes

Ah I see that now…
:grinning:

High quality tools are great…

But all you need is a straight channel a handle and a good piece of rubber some type of solution applicator and a bucket with water and soap and towel… and some skill and you can make money.

5 Likes

How about a bucket, soap, brush and chamois?

1 Like

About the same cost as a channel and handle and rubber.
Either can work… :wink:

2 Likes