Sticker Logos on windows

I’ve already scratched two of them about ten years ago with a triumph razor scraper. I know they have FD on them! If Phil’s razor leaves scratch marks it’s the one incher held between my teeth. LOL

Realistically. If I have problems I’ll throw the painter under the bus! I told him about the newer glass being itchy and he refused to listen to reason. I hope he is right.

Mike 20 years of using a scraper on storefronts. There was 2 incidents whre someone complain to me that I scratched there glass

Now residential different animal. I don’t use blades on resinetial hardly anymore. Not with out a waiver
I’m cleaning a bagel store right now . There are scratches all over this glass. An ther not from me. I really don’t even remember using my blade on Ithis store ever
So my point is what’s the difference there ther. Have you ever got blamed from a storefront for scratching there glass
In 20 years of using my blade all the time only twice
1 time was a construction clean, an it scared me. It was a brand new place I should of gotten a scratch waiver, but I didn’t
The guy called me complaining , An long story short I just talked my way out of it. That one time I thought I was doomed, An I did get scared.
On that particular store I don’t use my blade period there . New glass an I’m not taking any chances with this guy if it gets worse , An quite honestly You have to look really good to se anything.
The other time was a nail salon she said I scratch her door. I just shrugged my shoulders am kept keeping on, an yes I still clean her to the day.
Now thays 2 people out of thousands An thousands an thousands An thousands of times me using my blade.
My philosophy is if you do it properly you won’t scratch storefront. If it’s a brand new store get a waiver before you start service.
Old stores have scratches already. If someone tries to blame you there being jackasses , An tell them it’s not from you. Let them take you to court they will lose in my opinion. It won’t even get there they won’t do it. It’s not thee glass not there home.
I’m not saying it’s ok to go scratching up glass either when it comes to tape , stickers , murals I’m using a 6" blade an thsts it.
Me I use it even for finger prints. Have been from day one. So that’s just me not telling anyone to follow my footsteps.
I’m a good talker so if someone blames me for something I didn’t do here is no way I’m excepting ther blame. If it was from me then I’ll still try An talk my way lot of it , but will except responsibility of they take it to the next level.
I know I’m so unprofessional :roll_eyes:

An if you are taking off murals jace them sign a waiver. An let them know this is the only way you do it. 6" blade.

2 Likes

I’m done got to get back to work. Shit man it’s 60 today. I have lots of scraping to do finger prints everywhere

3 Likes

Shouldn’t you guys be blading something right now? :wink:

1 Like

There was like 15 or so pieces of tape on the inside of this clothing store today
Your not going to se me laddering up an using oil-flo , on stuff like this. They would never lay you for the Labor involved

3 Likes

Probably wouldn’t bother suing you for scratching up their windows either, eh?

I worry about getting sued. Waste of time?

1 Like

I really doubt anyone is going to crawl past that maniquin to look at an angle on that glass when the Sun’s hitting just right to examine for the minute scratches that blade may have created and take before and after pics to a lawyer for elvaluation… :wink:

Most managers or people in General don’t even have a clue about blading scratches.

Correction. Unless that’s an actual girl looking in amazement at @Majestic66

3 Likes

:heart::heart::heart: triple like

1 Like

The maniquins are watching .

2 Likes

“If”

Mike how do you take tape off on your routes ?

Every storefront I clean has scratches by the window cleaners that have done it before me . Probably from the 70s 80s 90s. Who knows.
Lol last thing anyone should be worried about is a storefront suing you for scratching up there glass. Never herd of it. EVER

2 Likes

Same here. See it all the time… No problems here either.

2 Likes

Only one stick in the pic Mike, your wasting time brother! :wink:

2 Likes

Mostly my small pocket razor

Most of my route is in older segments of town with old glass

You guys are right

1 Like

My customers with the Christmas paint are all relatively new glass. So that worries me a bit. I think I’m going to just scratch the glass and show it to them. A small area down low. They can do it themselves.

Perhaps I’ll try the light touch method … Phil’s way or the artists technique of a small blade with no scraper if Phill’s way scratches the glass. No worries Charge them by the hour if I have to use the tinny blade.

Perhaps I’ll even hold the razor in my teeth. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oops! Sorry I guess I hijacked your thread.

If that’s the case I’ll just wet down real good several times and let sit for a few minutes. Steel wool it… Repeat. Yeah those types suck pretty bad but the alternative isn’t much better. I tell them not to paint anymore on those types of places. Of course they never listen.

1 Like

Why would you expect them to listen … you’re only a window cleaner! LOL :sunglasses:

Those are great for one piece of tape here an there I use to use one like that. I keep one of these in my pocket now

2 Likes