Stor front squeegee size?

Simple question i guess. What is the most used squeegee size you use, for store fronts. the biggest i have is a 18’ and i believe i can be quicker with a bigger one? looking at a 22’ and the 24’. 24’is what im leaning towards but it seams the rubbers are quite a bit more expensive.
tnx

18 inch is standard. Larger than that gets pretty tricky to fan with.

For pole work I use an 18 (or 20) inch vice versa and, at times, a 26 inch (I think) Ninja. It might be 28.

Regardless, look into the cost of ordering rubber in 36 inches and cutting it down to whatever size you need. That’s what quite a few guys do (myself included). Then you’re covered.

2 Likes

I like the 22" it’s about as large as you can get and fit it in a boab.

3 Likes

I started with a 18", but now use a sorbo 24" for big glass and pole work.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No room in a boab comfortably for a 30", 30"is bucket bound.

I will use a 22 and still fan comfortably. Then I have a 12 I carry as well for small panes. But I usually have a 16 I end up using a ton.

I don’t use a boab at all when I’m doing route work.i have a holster. For me it just gets in the way , but the holster isn’t good with the 30" , So for me I either lean it against something put it on a ledge or have it in my bucket

If I’m doing a big center I bring the bucket out with me. No big deal . I don’t lose time because I bring my bucket out. It’s more that it sucks to carry it.

I utilize a bottle with my solution if it’s a stop were one dip , an a bottler will do them the bucket stays

Everyone should know there stops you do them time an time again , so you know exactly what you need at each stop .

I’ve always used a 24/22. I’ve just switched to a 30/30. I love it. The thing is it’s not suitable for every stop where as my 24/22 was for 90% of my stops

There are stiops now that I totally eliminated using a pole because I use a 30/30 Now

I always had the 30" squeegee , but never had a 30" strip washer

So once I brought a 30" strip washer to the party iit opened up the door for me to use my 30" squeegee for hand work.

It takes time getting use to . A lot of time you have to use 2 Hamds to finish out , but all in all like I said I like it a lot

3 Likes

2 Likes

I run a 24" Sorbo, and it closes out somewhere in between a ledge ez and pro+. I didn’t want to go any bigger because I thought I wouldn’t be able to turn it after poling to an appropriate height. I don’t know how, but the 24 has a better turning radius than my 18" ettore slim. I didn’t go bigger because I want it in my holster without it getting caught between my knees, or poking me in the armpit.

2 Likes

Use one of these.

3 Likes

1 Like

Same - 24" sorbo.

It depends on what technique you are using and the size of the window panes. If your doing straight pulls then you want the smallest squeegee that will still do each pane with only 2 pulls. If your cutting in the top then you might want the shortest squeegee you can use in three pulls which would give you a little more room to go back and forth at the top.

With route work it’s best to have 18 and a 24 in your bucket and have a 30 inch in the vehicle in case you have really large panes on a job. 24 will get most windows in 2 strokes. For me a 22 is kind of pointless because it’s jot going to to get most windows in 2 pulls so why jot just use the 18 or bump up to a 24. With 18 and 24 in the bucket you can switch back and forth depending on the window or the job. Just my approach.

I don’t generally use a boab for commercial work and just work from the bucket.

1 Like

The 24 is great, but I’d probably get a 26" (i dunno… they make 'em?). I seem to run into framing on upper glass that is exactly 48". It’s a pull and two half-pulls. A 26" would ameliorate that situation. I haven’t looked into whether they make a 26 or not, I’d probably invest in one of those. I have a grip of storefront uppers that I miss by less than a couple inches with the 24. I dunno. Just my experience.

Yes I use quick silver channel. With a ninja handle. Sorbo rubber . For large panes you will love the 30/30"
For the 30" strip washer I went with the ninja handle also.

1 Like

I use a 6 inch on all of my large store fronts. If it’s a really big job I’ll get my 12 inch and a step ladder . I don’t much like the boab I prefer a backpack to hold all of my tools. On long days I sometimes put all of my equipment in a red wagon and cart it along with me. It’s got my info on it too. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

My guys carry an 18 inch and a small 6 inch

I would love to see your wagon… :slight_smile:

1 Like