Stored water duration?

How long will pure water stay pure? If I produce say 50 gallons of zero tds, store it. How long can I expect it to last that way? I was reading some of my store bought drinking water and I found it interesting that it had an experation date of 2010.

If you store it well, cap it with little air & keep in a dark area - it will last for a very long duration. I had an unopened barrel stored like this for 4 years with no rise in tds.

Drinking water is considered a consumable food product. There are four types of bottled water: artesian well water, mineral water, spring water, and well water. In addition, municipal tap water is typically treated prior to bottling.

In the US, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) [I]regulates bottled water products that are in interstate commerce under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act).

Under the FD&C Act, manufacturers are responsible for producing safe, wholesome and truthfully labeled food products, including bottled water products. It is a violation of the law to introduce into interstate commerce adulterated or misbranded products that violate the various provisions of the FD&C Act.

The FDA also has established regulations specifically for bottled water, including standard of identity regulations, which define different types of bottled water, and standard of quality regulations, which set maximum levels of contaminants (chemical, physical, microbial and radiological) allowed in bottled water.

From a regulatory standpoint, the FDA describes bottled water as water that is intended for human consumption and that is sealed in bottles or other containers with no added ingredients, except that it may contain a safe and suitable antimicrobial agent. Fluoride may also be added within the limits set by the FDA.[/I]

Also in the US, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) governs the nation’s public drinking water supply (rivers, wells, etc.) through The Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA.)

can you give us a pizza break down?

You mean with artesian pizza, mineral pizza, spring pizza, and well pizza as data components?

I dont know what I mean.

I need pictures to understand.

[SIZE=“1”]Source: Congressional Budget Office for FY2008[/SIZE]

If you use DI to make your pure water the purity level will drop to 0 from 18 meg, unless you use a pure gas(nitrogen) to store it. If you are using RO you shouldn’t see any significant drop in tds.

are you saying that RO water is purer than straight mixed bed resin DI water??

Why?

No. the purest water you can have is 18meg. and you can only get that with DI. the purest water you can get out of an RO (duel pass) is 1meg.

[FONT=“Times New Roman”]

[SIZE=“3”]1. Citations reflect the careful and thorough work you have put
into locating and exploring your sources.

1. Citations are a courtesy to the reader, who may share your
    interest in a particular area of scholarship. They help readers
    understand the context of your argument, and locate your
    work within other conversations on your topic.

2. Citations allow you to acknowledge those authors who made
    possible particular aspects of your work. Failure to provide
    adequate citations constitutes plagiarism.

3. Citations, by delineating your intellectual debts, also draw
    attention to the originality and legitimacy of your own ideas.
    As one historian of the footnote has observed, citations
    “confer authority” on the writer. (1)

References

1. Anthony Grafton, The Footnote: A Curious History
    (Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1997)[/SIZE]
    [/FONT]

No, I meant why in this case? It seemed pretty obvious that I quoted from both the EPA and FDA websites, no?

:eek: They have websites?

Plus, citations (as in moving :slight_smile: ) allow the local police to purchase new bullet proof dogs.

I’m buying the next round, Phil.

They have bullet proof dogs?:eek: I want one!:wink:

So how long does it take for the charge in the water to wear off? If that’s not the right terminology please forgive my ignorance I didn’t take chemistry in high school.:confused: