Storefronts rescheduling all the time

Plenty of glass too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent advice in this thread. I am printing it to keep in my car.

2 Likes

First, we don’t go in and ask; we get out of the van and go to work. We give them one cancellation as a courtesy, with an explanation about the regularly scheduled service we offered and they agreed to. If they cancel again, we give them a business card and tell them to call us when they want service and we will fit them in to our schedule as we are able. “I’m sorry but we don’t offer a ‘stop-and-ask’ service.”

5 Likes

Almost the opposite happened to me today. Working down a block of modern storefronts (body corporate account) the owner comes out says “don’t worry this time, all of the glass is being replaced in a couple of weeks, go and have a break, I’ll tell you did it anyway”… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So I pulled on my big girl undies and did some store front accounts that I have done a couple times and let them know the policy. I even landed a bar I tried to get a while ago because I walked back in on a good day. Set up a initial clean price and we set a cleaning schedule with a price discount for staying on time and let him know it goes up when he calls for a no clean and the 2nd no clean is a business card with a handshake good by. It’s a good looking pub now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Another good comeback is “I’ve got the invoice here, its already in the system” they don’t know you could just delete it if you felt like it… lol

This thread actually helped me yesterday.

Exact situation. They agreed to once a month. Turned me away. I gave them the Double price spiel. Customer dropped.

Fine with me. It was helpful to have this fresh in mind otherwise i wouldn’t have been so decisive.

4 Likes

For storefronts I usually use a restaurant example to help them understand:

It’s like setting a reservation at a restaurant or setting an appointment at a hair salon (depending on who I’m talking to). I’ve set aside a block of time to service your windows. If you need to skip, I need to know ahead of time so I can fill your slot with someone else. And if you should need service in the future, I’ll try and fit you in depending on my schedule and routes.

But I like the idea of telling them it’s already in the system and I can’t delete it. Or maybe a cancellation fee of $25 (like hair salons do).

1 Like