Storefronts?

I will probably get slammed for “off topic” but fuck it…
_ had a lady who had us do windows and some ‘high dusting.’

• She would claim that her family wouldsasy “dont spend your money on that, WE will do it for you.”
  • But they never did, and she kept us a secret, twice per year, we would come thru and clean her light fixtures, dust above her TV’s etc…

She was like ‘clockwork’ calling for service, but after a year of not hearing from her (Covid, aside) I called her.

• not for service, but just to see if she was ok.
  • no answer… :frowning:
  • I’d do anything to know/do her high dusting, right now…
2 Likes

Great… Now i’m emotionally invested in this story.

4 Likes

You know as much as I do.

• and unfortunately, thats all I (we) know.
1 Like

My two cents. Stay away from corporate! Of course I have had 40 years to develop a route that is made up of 99% independent storefronts. I have friends not accounts. It is very enjoyable! Work at it. Make friends first. Then work for them.

Henry

1 Like

Thats the most “human” reply I have ever seen from you!!!

• it’s usually more of a scientific equation!
    (thats a compliment!!!)

And BStrait I am sorry for your experience. We all can get emotionally involved with the people we work for. I have been there too.

Henry

1 Like

Hey JD,

You make me smile! Guess I am feeling human tonight. Over the years I have grown to love my customers. I have SO much fun with my residentials that I do. Working with a young friend now since I am off ladders for the rest of my life. We just did a house for a couple of Russians. Middle age people. Really nice. Very strong accents. The wife said nothing to us for seven hours. Then was so sweet at the end and gave us both some home made blackcurrent jelly. I could write a book about people. Maybe I would get more readers.

2 Likes

It’s a pleasant change (maybe not “change” I’m just used to seeing you so serious.)

• either way, its nice to see the more personable side of you!!!

• I mean it, no joke! No offense! :slight_smile:

This is what drives me crazy about route work. These are customers that get there invoices emailed to them. :rage:

2 Likes

We tend to retain storefront accounts to keep employees busy during slow periods.

lol 4/13 unpaid aint so bad…

• That fuckin drives me CRAZY, trying to chase down past dues, when newer ones have been paid.
  • it’s one thing when shit goes overdue for long term (it sux, but at least you see the pattern) but when you see sporadic’s in between, ugh!!!
2 Likes

8% tax… just noticed that (did the math)

Tampa, Fl has 8.5% tax, St. Petersburg 7% tax.

1 Like

Got it… took me a minute to grasp it.

You got that right ! Fucking ridiculous, and the lady was short with me to boot. Which tells me she knew what was up. They’ve done this before. Starting to piss me off a little bit. Nice account , so I’ll just let her attitude slide .
8.625% the state of NY.

1 Like

There is a certain point where you start to question ‘intentions.’

• When you have someone who is “oh, lets figure things out, sorry about that”
  • vs. shitty attitude, when it seems like they knew what was going on.
    Thats when I get pissy…
2 Likes

Cool website.

1 Like

Looks like Customer Factor.

2 Likes

It’s nice when you fill a full day of route work. I finally started to take on more business and have first week of the month set for route work…there are a few bi weekly but I try to stack residential in there mainly.

1 Like

Still not sure how I feel about the storefronts.

Got a call today for a 7/11. $40 bi-weekly account about 15-20 min of work.

I guess you can pile up the storefronts and they can be profitable but idk there’s something about the storefronts I don’t like that I just can’t wrap my head around :sweat_smile:

I think it’s the low profit and lots of driving time.

I guess a $40 here, $35 there, $50 there and so on is ok but ehhh.

Pretty much yeah and it’s not busy season so I guess something is better than nothing.

I think as time goes on I’ll eliminate storefronts all together or just raise the price and have a select few profitable ones.